Jump to navigation Jump to search
|21st Governor of Tamil Nadu|
|Assumed office |
6 October 2017
|Chief Minister||Edappadi K. Palaniswami|
|Preceded by||C. Vidyasagar Rao|
|25th Governor of Assam|
22 August 2016 – 29 September 2017
|Chief Minister||Sarbananda Sonowal|
|Preceded by||Padmanabha Acharya|
|Succeeded by||Jagdish Mukhi|
|16th Governor of Meghalaya|
27 January 2017 – 5 October 2017
|Chief Minister||Mukul Sangma|
|Preceded by||V. Shanmuganathan|
|Succeeded by||Ganga Prasad|
|Member of Parliament, Lok Sabha|
|Preceded by||Jambuwantrao Dhote|
|Succeeded by||Datta Meghe|
|Preceded by||Datta Meghe|
|Succeeded by||Vilas Muttemwar|
|Born||16 April 1939|
Nawalgarh, Rajputana Agency, British India (present-day Rajasthan, India)
|Political party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Residence||Raj Bhavan (Chennai)|
Banwarilal Purohit (born 16 April 1939) is an Indian politician. He is the current and 21st Governor of Tamil Nadu since October 2017. He was appointed as Governor of Assam State by President of India on 17 August 2016.
References[change | change source]
- Tamil Nadu gets full-time Governor, at last
- "Banwarilal Purohit Lok Sabha Profiel". Lok Sabha. Retrieved 1 October 2017.
- "Biographical Sketch, Member of Parliament, XI Lok Sabha". Retrieved 3 October 2017.
- "New governors appointed: All you need to know". The Times of India. 30 September 2017. Retrieved 30 September 2017.
- "Banwarilal Purohit appointed Tamil Nadu Governor". The Economic Times. 30 September 2017. Retrieved 30 September 2017.
- S. Jesudasan, Dennis (6 October 2017). "Banwarilal Purohit sworn in as Governor of Tamil Nadu". The Hindu. Archived from the original on 7 October 2017. Retrieved 7 October 2017.
- Former Cong leader who claimed he arranged meeting between Rajiv & RSS
- BJP leader Purohit is new governor of Assam