|25th United States Secretary of the Air Force|
|Assumed office |
October 18, 2019
|Preceded by||Heather Wilson|
|United States Ambassador to Finland|
May 23, 2008 – January 16, 2009
|President||George W. Bush|
|Preceded by||Marilyn Ware|
|Succeeded by||Michael Butler|
December 26, 1950
Indiana County, Pennsylvania, U.S.
|Education||Arizona State University, Tempe (BA, MA, JD)|
Barbara McConnell Barrett (born December 26, 1950) is an American politician, businesswoman, and lawyer. She is the 25th and current United States Secretary of the Air Force since October 18, 2019.
Barrett was former chair of the Aerospace Corporation and a member on the boards of California Institute of Technology, Jet Propulsion Laboratory, RAND Corporation, Smithsonian Institution, Horatio Alger Association of Distinguished Americans, and Lasker Foundation.
On May 21, 2019, President Donald Trump announced he would nominate Barrett as Secretary of the Air Force. Her nomination was confirmed with an 85-7 U.S. Senate vote on October 18, 2019. She was sworn in October 18, 2019.
References[change | change source]
- "Barrett, Barbara (12/26/1950- )". Smithsonian Institution Archives. October 1, 2013. Missing or empty
- "Barbara M. Barrett > U.S. Air Force > Biography Display". www.af.mil. Retrieved 2019-10-22.
- "Barbara McConnell Barrett Elected as New Trustee". www.caltech.edu.
- Trump, Donald J. (May 21, 2019). "I am pleased to announce my nomination of Barbara Barrett of Arizona, and former Chairman of the Aerospace Corporation, to be the next Secretary of the Air Force. She will be an outstanding Secretary! #FlyFightWin".
- "Barbara Barrett confirmed as next Air Force Secretary".