Barbara C. Harris
Barbara Clementine Harris (June 12, 1930 – March 13, 2020) was a American bishop of the Episcopal Church. She was the first woman ordained a bishop in the Anglican Communion. She was born in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania.
In February 2020, Harris was hospitalized for "serious gastrointestinal problems" and had surgery. She died at the hospital on March 13, 2020 in Lincoln, Massachusetts from surgery-related problems, aged 89.
References[change | change source]
- "Biography of Bishop Barbara C. Harris". Episcopal Diocese of Washington. Episcopal Diocese of Washington. Archived from the original on 2007-04-22. Retrieved 2007-03-27.
- "Bishop Barbara C. Harris remains hospitalized". EpiscopalNewsService. March 10, 2020.
- RIP: The Rt. Rev. Barbara C. Harris, Anglican Communion’s first female bishop, dies at 89
Other websites[change | change source]
- Barbara C. Harris Camp & Conference Center website
- Harris' oral history video excerpts at the National Visionary Leadership Project
- "The Right Reverend Barbara C. Harris, 1930-", Leadership Gallery, The Church Awakens.