30 September 1933
|Television||Coronation Street (1964, 1972–)|
|Spouse(s)||Denis Mullany (m. 1956–1977, divorced)|
John Knox (m. 1977–1994, divorced)
Barbara Knox MBE (born 30 September 1933), is a British actress. She is known for her portrayal of newsagent Rita Sullivan in the television soap opera, Coronation Street. She has been a full-time cast member for nearly 50 years, having appeared for one episode as Rita in 1964, before becoming a regular cast member from 1972 onwards.
On 28 March 2014 it was reported that she had been arrested on suspicion of driving while under the influence of alcohol in her home town of Knutsford, Cheshire. On 4 April Knox was formally charged, and she appeared at Macclesfield Magistrates' Court on 24 April. On 23 January 2015 she changed her plea to guilty. She was banned from driving for a year, as well as being fined £3,000 and £1,750 in costs.
References[change | change source]
- "Opportunity Knox". Oldham Chronicle. 4 October 2010. Retrieved 19 June 2014. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Barbara Brothwood". Find My Past. Retrieved 31 March 2017. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- "Corrie actress in drink-drive arrest". 28 March 2014 – via www.bbc.co.uk.
- Mathews, Jane (4 April 2014). "Coronation Street's Barbara Knox charged with drink driving". Express.co.uk.
- "Corrie star admits drink-driving". 23 January 2015 – via www.bbc.co.uk.