Bare Mountain (Massachusetts)
- Alternate spelling: should not be confused with Bear Mountain.
View from the summit of Bare Mountain
|Elevation||1,014 ft (309 m)|
|Location||Amherst and South Hadley, Massachusetts.|
|Range||Holyoke Range / Metacomet Ridge|
|Age of rock||200 Ma|
|Easiest route||Metacomet-Monadnock Trail|
Bare Mountain is a prominent peak of the Holyoke Range in the Connecticut River Valley of Massachusetts. It is 1,014 feet (309 m) above sea level. It is part of the greater Metacomet Ridge that goes from Long Island Sound almost to the Vermont border.
References[change | change source]
- Farnsworth, Elizabeth J. "Metacomet-Mattabesett Trail Natural Resource Assessment." 2004. PDF file. Cited Nov. 20, 2007.
- "Amherst College Library Chronology". Cited from web Dec. 2, 2007.
- The Metacomet-Monadnock Trail Guide. 9th Edition. The Appalachian Mountain Club. Amherst, Massachusetts, 1999.
- Mt. Holyoke Range Historical Timeline. Cited from web Dec. 2, 2007.
- Raymo, Chet and Maureen E. Written in Stone: A Geologic History of the Northeastern United States. Globe Pequot, Chester, Connecticut, 1989.