Battle of Polygon Wood
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Battle of Polygon Wood|
|Part of the Battle of Passchendaele|
Australian soldiers wearing gas masks
| United Kingdom
|Commanders and leaders|
|Herbert Plumer||Erich Ludendorff|
|7 British divisions
2 Australian divisions
|Casualties and losses|
|Australia: 5,770||Unknown, but many.|
The Battle of Polygon Wood was a small battle that took place in World War I. It happened during the second part of the Battle of Passchendaele. Most of the battle was fought in an area named Polygon Wood, near Ypres, Belgium.
References[change | change source]
Notes[change | change source]
- Bean p. 794
Bibliography[change | change source]
- Bean, Charles (1941). The AIF in France:1917, The Official History of Australia in the War of 1914–1918. 4. pp. 794–795.
Other websites[change | change source]
- "Battle of Polygon Wood, 26-27 September 1917". History of War. http://www.historyofwar.org/articles/battles_polygon_wood.html. Retrieved 2011-08-23.
- "Battle of Polygon Wood: 26 September 1917". www.polygonwood.com. http://www.polygonwood.com/The%20Battle%20for%20Polygon%20Wood.htm. Retrieved 2011-08-23.
- "Battle of Polygon Wood: 26 September 1917". Department of Veterans' Affairs. http://www.ww1westernfront.gov.au/battlefields/polygon-wood-september-1917.html. Retrieved 2011-08-23.
- Bean, Charles (1941) (PDF). The Official History of Australia in the War of 1914–1918. 4 (Eleventh ed.). Sydney: Angus and Robertson. pp. 791-832. http://www.awm.gov.au/cms_images/histories/5/chapters/19.pdf. Retrieved 2011-08-23.