|Published||November 13, 2018|
|Publisher||Crown (North America)|
Viking Press (Commonwealth)
|Preceded by||American Grown|
Becoming is a memoir written by former First Lady Michelle Obama. The book was written by a ghostwriter and a team of people who helped finish the book. It was published in November 2018.
In 2009, with the help of writer Lyric Winik, she wrote another book called American Grown.
Becoming sold three million books shortly after it was first published. It became the best selling book of 2018.
Reference[change | change source]
- ↑ Glenn Thrush; Elaina Plott (28 June 2020). "How the Trump Campaign Is Drawing Obama Out of Retirement". The New York Times. Retrieved 10 July 2020.
"She had a ghostwriter," Mr. Obama told a friend who asked about his wife's speedy work
- ↑ EDWARD-ISAAC DOVERE (23 May 2019). "Waiting for Obama". The Atlantic. Retrieved 24 May 2019.
he'll occasionally point out in conversation that he's writing this book himself, while Michelle used a ghostwriter
- ↑ Holmes, Helen (September 17, 2020). "Did Obama Use a Ghostwriter to Finish His New Memoir, 'A Promised Land'?". Observer. Retrieved November 18, 2020.
In the acknowledgements of Becoming, it does indeed state that a team of people had a hand in finishing the book
- ↑ Ramos, Dino-Ray; Ramos, Dino-Ray (22 November 2018). "Michelle Obama Memoir 'Becoming' Sells 1.4 Million Copies In One Week".
- ↑ Adrian Higgins (2 August 2012). "Michelle Obama champions vegetable gardens and healthy food in 'American Grown'". The Washington Post. Retrieved 5 June 2019.
The book, written with Washington journalist Lyric Winik
- ↑ "American Grown". www.goodreads.com.
- ↑ "Michelle Obama's 'Becoming' is the Best-Selling Book of 2018".
Other websites[change | change source]