Jump to navigation Jump to search
Gantz in 2019
|20th Chief of the General Staff|
14 February 2011 – 16 February 2015
|Prime Minister||Benjamin Netanyahu|
|Preceded by||Gabi Ashkenazi|
|Succeeded by||Gadi Eizenkot|
|Born||9 June 1959|
Kfar Ahim, Israel
|Branch/service||Israel Defense Forces|
|Years of service||1977–2015|
|Rank||Rav Aluf (Lieutenant general; highest rank)|
|Awards||Commander of the Legion of Merit (United States)|
|Faction represented in Knesset|
|2019-||Blue and White (Resilience)|
Benjamin "Benny" Gantz (Hebrew: בנימין "בני" גנץ; born 9 June 1959) is an Israeli politician and general. He was the 20th Chief of General Staff of the Israel Defense Forces from 14 February 2011 to 16 February 2015.
References[change | change source]
- "Lt. Gen. Benny Gantz Appointed 20th IDF Chief of the General Staff". Israel Defense Forces. 14 February 2011. Retrieved 14 February 2011.
- Haaretz Service (14 February 2011). "Gantz takes over as IDF chief: I am ready to face the challenges". Haaretz. Retrieved 14 February 2011.
- Moran Azulay (27 December 2018). "Benny Gantz registers new political party". Ynetnews.
- Wootliff, Raoul. "Surrounded by idioms: How campaign slogans get lost in English translation". www.timesofisrael.com. Retrieved 2019-01-30.
- Staff writer. "United Gantz-Lapid party to be called 'Blue and White'; no women in top 6". The Times of Israel. Retrieved 21 February 2019.