|Tamaziɣt / Tamazight
|Ethnicity:||Berber people (Imazighen)|
|North Africa, mainly Morocco and Algeria; smaller Berber-speaking populations in Libya, Mali, Niger, Tunisia, Burkina Faso, Egypt and Mauritania.
Sizable communities of speakers in: Belgium, France, Netherlands, Germany, Spain, Canada, and the United States.
|ISO 639-2 and 639-5:||ber|
Berber-speaking populations are dominant in the colored areas of modern-day North Africa. The other areas of North Africa contain minority Berber-speaking populations.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Berber Research Center (INALCO, Paris) Articles and maps of high scientific value for a large audience (French)
- Tamazight language
- Libyamazigh Page about Libyan culture with Tamazight language section.
- Interview with Rachid Aadnani on the Amazigh issue
- Algerian Dardja Online Dictionary: contains many Tamazight terms
- Imyura Kabyle site about literature