|Died||May 19, 2018 (aged 101)|
|Era||20th century philosophy|
|Main interests||Oriental studies|
|Notable works||What Went Wrong?|
Islam and the West
Bernard Lewis, FBA (May 31, 1916 – May 19, 2018) was a British-American historian. He worked in the oriental studies. He was also known as a public intellectual and political commentator.
Lewis died on May 19, 2018, at the age of 101, in Voorhees Township, New Jersey twelve days before his 102nd birthday.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Kramer, Martin (1999). "Bernard Lewis". Encyclopedia of Historians and Historical Writing. Vol. 1. London: Fitzroy Dearborn. pp. 719–720. Archived from the original on November 13, 2010. Retrieved 2006-05-23.
- ↑ Murphy, Brian (May 19, 2018). "Bernard Lewis, eminent historian of the Middle East, dies at 101". Retrieved May 19, 2018.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Lewis's Princeton University homepage
- The ASMEA Website
- Atlantic Monthly: "The Roots of Muslim Rage"
- Revered and Reviled - Moment Magazine profile of Bernard Lewis
- Interview with Bernard Lewis at National Review Online Archived 2015-01-03 at the Wayback Machine