Beyblade: Metal Fusion
Beyblade: Metal Fusion, or also known as Metal Fight Beyblade (メタルファイトベイブレード Metarufaitobeiburēdo) in Japan and other Asia regions, is the first anime of the Metal Saga. It was succeeded by Beyblade: Metal Masters (Metal Fight Beyblade Explosion).
Information | edit source[change | change source]
Beyblade: Metal Fusion is adapted from the first four volumes of the manga, Metal Fight Beyblade. The manga the anime is based on was a reboot of the Beyblade franchise. As such, both anime and manga have nothing to do with the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade series before it.
Comparison with the Original Seriesedit | edit source[change | change source]
- The Metal Saga consists of a whole new set of characters and a new storyline.
- Similar to the previous work, Metal Fusion uses constellation-based motifs (Original Series: (Four Sacred Beasts)).
- Unlike the previous work, that consisted mostly of team battles, this work features mostly individual battles. Furthermore, Japan was the primary setting for the Original Series.
- In the English dub, Beyblades are now referred to as "Beys" instead of "Blades", following the Japanese version of the Bakuten Shoot Beyblade anime series
- The spirits in Beyblades are known as avatars (same goes to Burst), while the Original Series called them Bit-Beasts.
Broadcast | edit source[change | change source]
- April 5, 2009: Beyblade: Metal Fusion began broadcasting on TV Tokyo.
- It aired in the US on Saturdays at 7:30 on Cartoon Network.
- Metal Fusion is currently available for streaming at Netflix.
History | edit source[change | change source]
- 2008: Development for a new mixed-media project began, following the conclusion of the Original Series. This included both a manga and anime series.
Synopsis| edit source[change | change source]
Gingka Hagane. A young beyblader who is searching the hidden secrets of his past, with his partner Storm Pegasus. On a training journey, Gingka Hagane stumbles upon Metal Bey City, where he meets a bunch of friends and interesting rivals. What happens when Gingka and his friends set off on the journey of defeating the Dark Nebula organization? How will Gingka Hagane defeat Ryuga and his forbidden bey, Lightning L-Drago.
Plot[change | change source]
The series follows the adventures of Gingka Hagane, a beyblader who is searching for his hidden past while trying to defeat the evil Dark Nebula organization and Ryuga, a man with the Forbidden Bey known as Lightning L-Drago.
The plot varies between the manga and anime with several differences. One notable difference is that in the manga, the Beys transform for their upgrades, while in the anime, the characters just switch parts or get an entirely new Bey. Another difference is that, in the manga, the characters started with the Metal System (4-piece top), while in the anime they started with the Hybrid Wheel System (5-piece top).