|Born||William Gerard Brown
January 11, 1952
Biloela, Queensland, Australia
|Died||January 13, 2013
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|Cause of death||Bowel cancer|
|Alma mater||University of Queensland|
|Awards||Member of the Order of Australia|
William Gerard "Bille" Brown AM (January 11, 1952 – January 13, 2013) was an Australian actor and playwright. He was known for his roles in Fierce Creatures, The Man Who Sued God, The Dish, and in The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Brown and Geoffrey Rush were good friends. He was openly gay.[source?]
Brown was born on January 11, 1952 in Biloela, Queensland, Australia. He studied at Queensland University. Brown died on January 13, 2013 in Brisbane, Queensland, Australia from bowel cancer, aged 61.
References[change | change source]
- "Stars celebrate Bille Brown's talent, warmth and fierce humour". Brisbane Times. 5 February 2013. http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/entertainment/theatre/stars-celebrate-bille-browns-talent-warmth-and-fierce-humour-20130205-2dvft.html.
- "Brown, Bille". Search Australian Honours. Australian Government. http://www.itsanhonour.gov.au/honours/honour_roll/search.cfm?aus_award_id=1143437&search_type=quick&showInd=true. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- "Veteran stage actor Bille Brown dies". The Australian. 13 January 2013. http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/breaking-news/veteran-stage-actor-bille-brown-dies/story-fn3dxiwe-1226553116682.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Bille Brown at the Internet Movie Database
- Alyce Faye Cleese interviews Bille Brown in Montecito, Ca. 35 minutes.
- Bille Brown – Stage acting credits
- "Merry Wives of Windsor" – special Waratah Festival performance, at Albert Park Amphitheatre, Brisbane (1987)
- "The Merry Wives of Windsor" – Albert Park Amphitheatre, Brisbane (1987)