William Gerard Brown
11 January 1952
|Died||13 January 2013 (aged 61)|
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|Cause of death||Bowel cancer|
|Alma mater||University of Queensland|
|Awards||Member of the Order of Australia|
William Gerard "Bille" Brown AM (11 January 1952 – 13 January 2013) was an Australian actor and playwright. He was known for his roles in Fierce Creatures, The Man Who Sued God, The Dish, and in The Chronicles of Narnia: The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Brown and Geoffrey Rush were good friends. He was openly gay.[source?]
References[change | change source]
- "Stars celebrate Bille Brown's talent, warmth and fierce humour". Brisbane Times. 5 February 2013.
- "Brown, Bille". Search Australian Honours. Australian Government. Archived from the original on 29 June 2011. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- "Veteran stage actor Bille Brown dies". The Australian. 13 January 2013.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Bille Brown on IMDb
- Alyce Faye Cleese interviews Bille Brown in Montecito, Ca. 35 minutes.
- Bille Brown – Stage acting credits
- "Merry Wives of Windsor" – special Waratah Festival performance, at Albert Park Amphitheatre, Brisbane (1987)
- "The Merry Wives of Windsor" – Albert Park Amphitheatre, Brisbane (1987)