Black Christmas (2006 movie)
|Directed by||Glen Morgan|
|Produced by||Marty Adelstein|
|Written by||Based on Black Christmas by A. Roy Moore|
|Screenplay by||Glen Morgan|
Mary Elizabeth Winstead
|Music by||Shirley Walker|
|Edited by||Chris Willingham|
|Distributed by||TVA Films|
|December 15, 2006 (UK)|
December 25, 2006 (U.S.)
92 minutes (unrated cut)
Black Christmas (also abbreviated as Black X-Mas) is a 2006 Canadian-American slasher movie. It was directed by Glen Morgan and was produced by Marty Adelstein, Steve Hoban, Glen Morgan, Dawn Parouse, Victor Solnicki, and James Wong. Black Christmas was released on December 15, 2006 in the United Kingdom and on December 25, 2006 in the United States. The movie is loose remake of the 1974 movie with the same name.
In December 2006, before the movie's premiere, it gained some criticism from religious groups because of its graphic content in a holiday setting, and the distributor's choice to release the movie on Christmas Day in the United States.
The movie gained negative reviews from critics and holds a 14% "rotten" rating on Rotten Tomatoes. Sam Adams of the Los Angeles Times was quoted as saying "Like an ugly tie or a pair of slipper socks, Black Christmas is destined to be forgotten the instant it's unwrapped, gathering dust until the season rolls around again".
Cast[change | change source]
- Katie Cassidy as Kelli Presley
- Michelle Trachtenberg as Melissa Kitt
- Mary Elizabeth Winstead as Heather Lee-Fitzgerald
- Lacey Chabert as Dana Mathis
- Kristen Cloke as Leigh Colvin
- Andrea Martin as Barbara MacHenry/Mrs. Mac
- Crystal Lowe as Lauren Hannon
- Oliver Hudson as Kyle Autry
- Karin Konoval as Constance Lenz
- Dean Friss as Agnes Lenz
- Christina Crivici as 8-year-old Agnes
- Robert Mann as William Billy Lenz
- Cainan Wiebe as young Billy
- Jessica Harmon as Megan Helms
- Leela Savasta as Clair Crosby
- Kathleen Kole as Eve Agnew
- Howard Siegel as Beauregard Rice
- Peter Wilds as Frank Lenz
References[change | change source]
- "Black Christmas". Box Office Mojo. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
- "Christian groups fume over Black Christmas". Boston Herald. Archived from the original on 2014-10-31. Retrieved 2014-12-13.
- "Black Christmas". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
- "`Black Christmas' is destined to be forgotten". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2014-12-14.
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Black Christmas (2006 movie)|