|Origin||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|Genres||Alternative rock, folk rock, neo-psychedelia, psychedelic rock, blues rock|
|Years active||1990-1999; 2006–present|
|Past member(s)||Shannon Hoon|
Blind Melon was formed in March 1990 by band members Rogers Stevens, Brad Smith and Shannon Hoon. They released their eponymous debut studio album Blind Melon in September 22, 1992. Their second album Soup was released on August 15, 1995. On October 21, 1995, Lead singer Shannon Hoon was found dead on the band's tour bus of a heart attack caused by a cocaine overdose. The band looked for a new singer after Hoon's death but broke up on March 4, 1999.
The band reunited on September 15, 2006 with new lead singer Travis Warren. They released their fourth studio album For My Friends on April 22, 2008. The band went on hiatus in 2009 and reunited again in 2010.
Band members[change | change source]
- Rogers Stevens – lead guitar, piano, keyboards (1990–1999, 2006–present)
- Brad Smith – bass, flute, backing vocals (1990–1999, 2006–present)
- Christopher Thorn – rhythm guitar, steel guitar, mandolin, harmonica (1990–1999, 2006–present)
- Glen Graham – drums, percussion (1990–1999, 2006–present)
- Travis Warren – vocals, acoustic guitar (2006–2008, 2010–present)
- Shannon Hoon – vocals, acoustic guitar, harmonica (1990–1995) (†)
Discography[change | change source]
Albums[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- "Shannon Hoon, the Lead Singer Of Blind Melon, Is Dead at 28". The New York Times. Retrieved 2013-05-26.
- "Blind Melon reunite after a decade with Hoon-inspired front man". The Marquee. Retrieved 2013-05-26.