Bloons Tower Defense
|Bloons Tower Defense|
|Platform(s)||PC, Mac, Android, IOS|
Bloons Tower Defense (also Bloons TD or BTD) are a series of tower-defense games that were created by Ninja Kiwi. The focus of the games is to use towers to defeat an enemy called Bloons to progress through the game. As you play the game, the Bloons become more difficult to defeat. Players are able to upgrade their towers to help defeat stronger enemies. Bloons can come with power ups, such as camouflage and regeneration. Most of the Tower Defense games can be played on computers and mobile/tablets.
Pricing[change | change source]
On mobile, all of the Bloons Tower Defense Games (except Bloons Monkey City and Bloons TD 3, which are free on the App Store) cost $2.99 to play and download. A free game is also on their website. Some of the Bloons games have lite versions, such as Bloons TD or Bloons TD 4, which are free to play, but have limitations.
Bloons[change | change source]
The enemies of the series are "Bloons". (The trademarked word Bloons is a spinoff of the word "balloons".) Once the Bloons come, a monkey will have to be placed to pop them. These monkeys pop the bloons. Red Bloons release no "children". B.A.Ds also have no "parents". Children & parents are terms determining what Bloons release when pop (children) and what Bloon releases that Bloon (parents). For example, the child of a Blue Bloon is a Red Bloon, and the parent of a Blue Bloon is a Green Bloon. A Red Bloon Equivalent (RBE) value is the number of Red Bloons it is equivalent to.
Towers[change | change source]
In Bloons, there are a lot of towers. All towers can be upgraded four tiers. You can only upgrade one side of the tower to the fourth tier but upgrade the other side to the second tier. As of BTD6, here are the list of towers and camo status:
Bloons Tower Defense Games[change | change source]
This section is empty. You can help by adding to it.
Popularity[change | change source]
The Bloons Tower Defense series has been a top seller on the Apple app store. Bloons TD 4 reached No. 6 on Apple's list of top paid iPhone and iPad games in 2010. Bloons TD 5 was able to reach No. 8 on Apple's list of top paid iPhone app downloads in 2013.
References[change | change source]
- "Bloons TD Battles". Bloons TD Battles on the App Store. Ninja Kiwi. Dec 17, 2015. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "Bloons Monkey City". Bloons Monkey City on the App Store. Ninja Kiwi. Dec 30, 2015. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- "Boons TD 5-iTunes". Bloons TD 5 on the App Store. Ninja Kiwi. Dec 3, 2015. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "Bloons TD 4". Bloons TD 4 on the App Store. Ninja Kiwi. Mar 26, 2013. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "Bloons TD". Bloons TD on the App Store. Ninja Kiwi. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "NinjaKiwi". NinjaKiwi. Ninja Kiwi. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "Bloons TD 4 HD Lite". Bloons TD 4 HD Lite on the App Store. Ninja Kiw. Jun 7, 2013. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "Bloons TD Lite". Bloons TD Lite on the App Store. Ninja Kiwi. Jan 26, 2010. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "Category:Towers". Category:Towers. 188.8.131.52. November 18, 2009. Retrieved January 31, 2016.
- "Top iPhone and iPod Touch Game Apps: Infinity Blade, Bloons TD 4 See Big Sales". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2016-01-17.
- "Apple reveals top app downloads of 2013: Candy wins". USA Today. Retrieved 2016-01-17.