Bloons Tower Defense
|Bloons Tower Defense|
|Platform(s)||PC, Mac, Android, IOS|
Bloons Tower Defense (also Bloons TD or BTD) are a series of tower-defense games that were created by Ninja Kiwi. The focus of the games is to use towers to defeat an enemy called Bloons to progress through the game. As you play the game, the Bloons become more difficult to defeat. Players are able to upgrade their towers to help defeat stronger enemies. Bloons can come with power ups, such as camouflage and regeneration. Most of the Tower Defense games can be played on computers and mobile/tablets.
Pricing[change | change source]
On mobile, all of the Bloons Tower Defense Games (except Bloons Monkey City and Bloons TD 3, which are free on the App Store) cost $2.99 to play and download. A free game is also on their website. Also, some of the Bloons games have lite versions, such as Bloons TD or Bloons TD 4, which are free to play, but have limitations.
Bloons[change | change source]
The main enemy of the game are Bloons. All of the games require to pop bloons and not lose lives. From Red Bloons to Pink Bloons, if you pop these, they will get demoted by 1 rank. Starting from Black, if you pop these bloons, they will split irnto 2 or more. Ceramic bloons are excluded from this. The bloons:
|Bloon Group||Bloon Name||Real Name||Number of hits to pop||Pops into||Can be camo||Can be regen||Notes|
|Basic Bloons||Red Bloon||N/A||1||N/A||Yes||Yes||are the easiest to pop|
|Blue Bloon||2||Red Bloon||are the second easiest|
|Green Bloon||3||Blue Bloon||are a little difficult early game|
|Yellow Bloon||4||Green Bloon||are considerably fast|
|Pink Bloon||5||Yellow Bloon||are the fastest bloons in the game|
|Bloons that are immune to certain towers||Black Bloon||11||2 pinks||Cannot be popped by bombs|
|White Bloon||11||2 pinks||Cannot be frozen by the Ice Tower|
|Lead Bloon||23||2 Black Bloons||Cannot be popped by anything "sharp".|
|Zebra Bloon||23||1 black, one white bloon||Have the attributes of both Blacks and Whites; so cannot be popped by bombs and cannot be frozen by the Ice Tower|
|Other Non-M.O.A.B Bloons||Rainbow Bloon||47||2 Zebra Bloons||This bloon might signal mid-game|
|Ceramic Bloon||104||1 Rainbow||This Bloon is hard to pop. It is starting to show that the player is starting to go to End-Game. Does not slow by glue, though it can be damaged by upgrading the glue to become corrosive.|
|M.O.A.B. Class Bloons||M.O.A.B.||Massive Ornary Air Blimp||616||4 ceramics||No||No||Shows the start of end-game|
|B.F.B.||Brutal Floating Behemoth||3,164||4 MOABs||Starts to show that powerful towers are needed.|
|Z.O.M.G.||Zeppelin Of Mighty Gargantuaness||16,656||4 BFBs||The most powerful bloon in the game|
Towers[change | change source]
In Bloons, there are a lot of towers. All towers can be upgraded four tiers. You can only upgrade one side of the tower to the fourth tier but upgrade the other side to the second tier. As of BTD5, here are the list of towers and camo status:
|Tower Name||Exists Anymore||Can see Camo Bloons|
|Dart Monkey||Yes||can see camo via upgrade|
|Tack Shooter||Cannot see camo|
|Sniper Monkey||can see camo via upgrade|
|Boomerang Thrower||cannot see camo|
|Ninja Monkey||can see camo|
|Bomb Tower||Cannot see camo|
|Ice Tower||Cannot see camo|
|Glue Gunner||Cannot see camo|
|Monkey Buccaneer||can see camo via upgrade|
|Monkey Ace||can see camo via upgrade|
|Super Monkey||can see camo via upgrade|
|Monkey Apprentice||can see camo via upgrade|
|Monkey Village||can see camo via upgrade and can let other towers see camo|
|Banana Farm||Not an attacking tower|
|Mortar Tower||can see camo via upgrade|
|Dartling Gun||can see camo|
|Spike Factory||can see camo|
|Bloonchipper||Cannot see camo|
|Heli-Pilot||can see camo via upgrade|
|Monkey Sub||can see and remove camo via upgrade|
|Beekeeper||No;Bloons TD 4 is the last game found in||unknown|
|Wizard Lord||In Bloons Monkey City||can see camo via upgrade|
Bloons Tower Defense Games[change | change source]
|Name of Tower Defense Game||Date Released on PC||Date Released On Mobile||Other Versions||Date last updated||Summary of Game or Description|
|Bloons Tower Defense||December 2007||None||None||First Bloons Tower Defense game, contained only 1 track, 6 bloon types and 5 towers.|
|Bloons Tower Defense 2||2008||None||None||This game includes 3 new maps - easy, medium and hard, 1 new tower type, some new upgrades, and brand new on track placeable items, monkey glue, and road spikes. The Lead Bloon and Rainbow Bloon feature in this game. Each difficulty has 50 levels!|
|Bloons Tower Defense 3||2009||October 3, 2009||None||It has arrived after 319 days since the first game. 32 Million plays and countless requests for a sequel to Bloons Tower Defense 2, Ninja Kiwi had released Bloons Tower Defense 3. There are 8 new tracks and 3 difficulty modes in each track. The Ceramic Bloon and MOAB feature in the game.|
|Bloons Tower Defense 4||October 2009||December 7, 2010||Bloons Tower Defense DSiWare(Released 2011)||BTD4 features improved graphics, more variety of towers and 4 upgrades for each tower type. There are over 15 new tracks in the game, the player can save games, and play modes such as career mode, sandbox mode and apopalypse mode. It now includes premium content, unlike previous versions, which will unlock special upgrades and content in the game if the player pays money to buy them. The player must rank up to unlock towers and the tier-4 upgrades.|
|Bloons Tower Defense 4
|Unknown||Unknown||None||As an expansion of Bloons Tower Defense 4, it now includes 4 new tracks, a game mode where the player can have certain towers cheaper and the other towers expensive, and Deflation mode, where the player starts with 50,000 cash and earns no more cash after that. From this game's release, the Dartling Gun and Spike Factory was made available in both games.|
|Bloons Tower Defense 5||December 14, 2011||November 15th, 2012:Mobile; December 1st, 2012:Bloons Tower Defense 5 HD||HD||This game is the current version of Bloons Tower Defense. It includes all of the towers featured in the article, excluding the Beekeeper, which only existed in Bloons Tower Defense 4 Mobile. It includes a variety of different tracks and new towers, including the extreme tracks, which are very difficult to complete. The player must earn experience points to unlock towers and their upgrades. The game also contains special missions that the player can do to play missions that have different gameplay. The player can spend monkey money to buy Special Agents, which help the player in the game. Monkey Money is earned through playing the game very often, as well as from Special Missions and Daily Challenges.|
|Bloons Tower Defense Battes|
|Bloons Monkey City|
Popularity[change | change source]
The Bloons Tower Defense series has been a top seller on the Apple app store. Bloons TD 4 reached No. 6 on Apple's list of top paid iPhone and iPad games in 2010. Bloons TD 5 was able to reach No. 8 on Apple's list of top paid iPhone app downloads in 2013.
References[change | change source]
- "Bloons TD Battles". Bloons TD Battles on the App Store. Ninja Kiwi. Dec 17, 2015. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "Bloons Monkey City". Bloons Monkey City on the App Store. Ninja Kiwi. Dec 30, 2015. Retrieved January 19, 2015.
- "Boons TD 5-iTunes". Bloons TD 5 on the App Store. Ninja Kiwi. Dec 3, 2015. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "Bloons TD 4". Bloons TD 4 on the App Store. Ninja Kiwi. Mar 26, 2013. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "Bloons TD". Bloons TD on the App Store. Ninja Kiwi. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "NinjaKiwi". NinjaKiwi. Ninja Kiwi. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "Bloons TD 4 HD Lite". Bloons TD 4 HD Lite on the App Store. Ninja Kiw. Jun 7, 2013. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "Bloons TD Lite". Bloons TD Lite on the App Store. Ninja Kiwi. Jan 26, 2010. Retrieved January 19, 2016.
- "Bloon-Bloons Wiki". Bloon- Bloons Wiki- Wikia. Wikia. Retrieved 1/17/2016. Check date values in:
- "Massive Ornary Air Blimp (M.O.A.B.)". Bloons Wikia. Retrieved February 6, 2016.
- "Massive Ornary Air Blimp (M.O.A.B.)". Bloons Wikia. Retrieved February 6, 2016.
- "Zeppelin Of Mighty Gargantuaness (Z.O.M.G.)". Bloons Wikia. Retrieved February 6, 2016.
- "Category:Towers". Category:Towers. 188.8.131.52. November 18, 2009. Retrieved January 31, 2016.
- "When was bloons tower defense made-Google Search". Google Search. Google Inc. Retrieved January 22, 2016.
- "Bloons Tower Defense (Game)". Bloons Tower Defense (Game). Bloons Wiki. Retrieved January 22, 2016.
- "when was bloons tower defense 2 made-Google search". when was bloons tower defense 2 made-Google search. Retrieved January 22, 2016.
- "Play Bloons Tower Defense 2". Play Bloons Tower Defense 2. Ninja Kiwi. Retrieved February 13, 2016. External link in
- "When was bloons tower defense 3 made-Google search". When was bloons tower defense 3 made-Google search. Retrieved January 22, 2016.
- Chiappara, Damian (4 October 2009). "Bloons TD Review". App Spy. Archived from the original on 2013-11-09. Retrieved 1 January 2014.
- "Play Bloons Tower Defense 3". Play Bloons Tower Defense 3. Ninja Kiwi. Retrieved February 13, 2016.
- "when was bloons tower defense 4 released". Google Search. Google Inc; Taken from English Wikipedia. Retrieved February 13, 2016.
- "Play Bloons Tower Defense 4". bloons.wikia.com. Ninja Kiwi. Retrieved February 13, 2016.
- "Bloons Tower Defense 4 Expansion". Bloons Wiki. bloons.wikia.com. Retrieved February 13, 2016.
- "when was bloons tower defense 5 released". Google Search. Google Inc. Retrieved February 13, 2016.
- "Play Bloons Tower Defense 5". Play Bloons Tower Defense 5. Ninja Kiwi. Retrieved February 13, 2016.
- "Top iPhone and iPod Touch Game Apps: Infinity Blade, Bloons TD 4 See Big Sales". Gamasutra. Retrieved 2016-01-17.
- "Apple reveals top app downloads of 2013: Candy wins". USA Today. Retrieved 2016-01-17.