14 January 1924
Rijeka, Kingdom of Yugoslavia (now Croatia)
|Died||3 August 2017 (aged 93)|
|Alma mater||University of Zagreb,|
Pontifical University Antonianum,
Pontifical Biblical Institute
|Notable awards||Pro Ecclesia et Pontifice,|
Order of Danica Hrvatska
Bonaventura Duda (January 14, 1924 – August 3, 2017) was a Croatian theologian and biblical scholar. He was a well known corresponding member of the Croatian Academy of Sciences and Arts. Duda was known as one of the greatest biblical translators and promoters of the spirit of the Second Vatican Council.
From 1964 until 1969 he was professor and head of the Department of the Scriptures of the New Testament at the Catholic Theological Faculty of the University of Zagreb. He was elected several times a vice dean and from 1982 to 1986, dean of Faculty. He retired on October 1, 1993, and was elected Professor Emeritus on November 9, 2001.
Works[change | change source]
- The Seed is the Word of God (Sjeme je Riječ Božja) (1987)
- The Sower is the Son of Man (Sijač je Sin Čovječji) (1989)
- In the Noble Heart (U plemenitu srcu) (1990)
- Church Council's Themes (Koncilske teme) (1995)
- In the Light of the Word of God (U svjetlu Božje riječi) (2000)
References[change | change source]
- "'Drugi sam po redu kandidat među fratrima za sretnu smrt' - Večernji.hr". Vecernji.hr. Retrieved 2016-04-29.
- "Fra Bonaventura Duda". Katolicki-tjednik.com. Retrieved 2016-04-29.
- "Bonaventura Duda, Sjeme je Božja riječ, Razmišljanja nedjeljna i blagdanska 2, Godina B, Kršćanska sadašnjost". Hrcak.srce.hr. Retrieved 2016-04-29.
- "HAZU • Hrvatska akademija znanosti i umjetnosti - Bonaventura, fra Duda - Biografija". Info.hazu.hr. Retrieved 2016-04-29.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Bonaventura Duda at Wikimedia Commons