Boys of Bangladesh
Boys of Bangladesh (BoB) is the oldest and largest network of Bangladeshi men who identify as gay. Its members live in Bangladesh and in other countries. It is based in Dhaka. It is an informal group run by volunteers. It was founded in 2002. Boys of Bangladesh aims to build a gay community in the country, and repealing Section 377, which makes homosexuality illegal.
BoB is a full member of the Human Rights Forum of Bangladesh, the Human Rights Alliance of Bangladesh and the International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association.
References[change | change source]
- Stewart, Chuck (2010). The Greenwood Encyclopedia of LGBT Issues Worldwide. Greenwood Press. p. 343. ISBN 978-0-313-34233-2. Retrieved 2011-05-10.
- "Getting connected in Bangladesh". www.starobserver.com.au. Retrieved 2011-05-10.
- "The Boys of Bangladesh". pink-pages.co.in. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Bangladesh: Treatment of homosexuals including legislation, availability of state protection and support services". www.unhcr.org. Retrieved 2013-01-09.
- "Who We Are". Retrieved 2018-02-02.
Other websites[change | change source]