January 31, 1987|
Saint Charles, MO, USA
|Height||6 ft 2 in (188 cm)|
|Weight||223 lb (101 kg; 15 st 13 lb)|
Brandon Bollig (born January 31, 1987, in Saint Charles, Missouri) is an American ice hockey center. He currently plays for the Calgary Flames of the National Hockey League (NHL). He has also played for the Chicago Blackhawks.
He was not drafted by a team but the Blackhawks signed Bollig to a two-year entry-level contract and put him on their AHL farm team, the Rockford IceHogs. He played 2 seasons with the IceHogs and was called up to the Blackhawks on February 28, 2012. He scored his first NHL goal on April 14, 2012, against Mike Smith of the Phoenix Coyotes in a playoff game. Bollig also portrayed Will Cross, age 12 in the 2002 film Defiance. On June 24, 2013, He won the Stanley Cup with the Blackhawks after they defeated the Boston Bruins 4 games to 2 in the 2013 Stanley Cup Finals.
References[change | change source]
- "Blackhawks even series with 4–3 victory in OT". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2013-04-06.
- "Defiance (2002) IMDb.com". Internet Movie Database. Retrieved 2013-04-06.
- "Blackhawks' late goals stun Bruins to win Cup". NHL. Retrieved 2013-06-25.
- "Blackhawks trade Bollig to Flames, free cap space". NHL. Retrieved 2014-07-2. Check date values in:
Other websites[change | change source]
- Brandon Bollig player profile at NHL.com
- Brandon Bollig career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database