Brandy in 2011
|Born||Brandy Rayana Norwood
February 11, 1979
McComb, Mississippi, United States
|Net worth||US $12 million|
|Partner(s)||Quentin Richardson (2004)
Ryan Press (2012–14)
|Relatives||Ray J (brother)|
Brandy became famous as a teenager in the early 90s with the debut Brandy which received a platinum certification in the US. In 1997 she became the first African American in history to play the role of Cinderella in the movie with the same title. Her second album Never Say Never followed which sold over 16 million copies worldwide. A couple of highly successful singles was released from the record, including "The Boy Is Mine", a duet with Monica, which spent 13 weeks at number one on the US singles chart. In 1999 Brandy starred in the horror movie I Still Know What You Did Last Summer. Brandy earned the title "Princess of R&B" due to her success in the 1990s. She starred in the sitcom Moesha as the title character.
Her third album Full Moon was released in 2002. The album went platinum a month after it's release. The follow-up titled Afrodisiac was released in 2004. Thereafter Brandy's career suffered from several setbacks, most notably the 2006 car accident where another driver was killed. The singer's sixth album is expected for release in 2012.
To date Brandy has sold over 30 million records worldwide which makes her one of the best-selling female artists in music history. In 2010 she was ranked amongst the 50 most successful teenagers in American history.
Discography[change | change source]
References[change | change source]
- Brandy: An Intimate Look. Andrews McMeel Publishing. 1999. p. 48. Unknown parameter
|first name=ignored (help); Unknown parameter
|last name=ignored (help); Check date values in:
- Jim Farber (2002-02-06). "At age 21, the N.J.-based producer is king of his world". New York Daily News. NYDailyNews.com. Retrieved 2008-04-22.
- "Brandy - Actress, Singer - Biography.com". Bio. A&E Television Networks, LLC. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- Hebert, Chris. "Dancing With The Stars - The Stars - Brandy". ABC. ABC.Go.com. Retrieved 2010-09-09.
- "The Top 50 R&B / Hip-Hop Artists of the Past 25 Years - The Juice". Billboard.com. 2010-11-18. Retrieved 2012-01-17.