|Origin||Seoul, South Korea|
Career[change | change source]
2011: Debut, Back To Da Future[change | change source]
On April 8, 2011, Brave Girls officially debuted with the single album "The Difference" as a five-member girl group. On the same day, they performed on Music Bank and continued their promotions with the title track "Do You Know" on various music shows like Inkigayo and M! Countdown. On June 8, they released the music video for the b-side "So Sexy".
The group released their first mini album Back To Da Future on July 29, 2011. The music video for the title track "Easily" was released on the same day. A remix single for the song "Easily" titled "Easily (Remix)" was released on August 26, 2011.
2012–2013: Re:issue, "For You", and hiatus[change | change source]
Their second digital single "For You" was released on August 13, 2013. The song only featured the original members Hyeran and Yujin.
On December 26, 2013, the collaboration digital single "Passing of the Year" was released with Brave Girls (Hyeran and Yujin) and fellow labelmates Electroboyz, BIGSTAR & Park Soo Jin as the participating artists.
2016–2017: Line-up changes, High Heels, and "Yoo-Hoo"[change | change source]
On February 3, 2016, it was revealed that three original members (Eunyoung, Seoah, and Yejin) had left the group with an addition of five new members: Minyoung, Yoojung, Eunji, Yuna, and Hayoon. The group would continue as a seven-member girl group and was revealed to have been in the final stage of preparations for their comeback. On February 10, it was announced that the their comeback would be on February 16. On February 16, they released their third digital single "Deepened" along with its music video.
On September 27, 2016, a crowdfunding project through Makestar was opened to help fund their next comeback. On October 11, the project had reached its goal and was to stay open until November 30.
2017–2018: Rollin' and "Rollin' (New Version)"[change | change source]
On January 13, 2017, Brave Entertainment announced that member Yujin would be leaving the group while Hyeran would go on an indefinite hiatus due to her health worsening. The following month, it was revealed the group would be making a comeback in March as a five-member group. A comeback schedule was released on February 27, 2017 for their fourth mini album, Rollin', which was released on March 7, 2017.
On March 17, 2017, Yujeong went into a temporary hiatus as she had been hospitalized with acute enteritis and had to rest. The group then proceeded as a four-member group until Yujeong was better.
On August 1, 2018, Brave Brothers teased the group's upcoming comeback with a new version of "Rollin'". On August 11, 2018, their agency announced that member Hayun would be sitting out of the comeback due to health reasons and that they would continue on as four. Their digital single, "Rollin' (New Version)" was released later that same day.
[change | change source]
On August 5, 2020, it was announced that the group would be making a comeback on August 14, over two years since their last release. Their sixth digital single titled "We Ride" was released on August 14, 2020.
In late February 2021, a fan-edited compilation video of the group performing "Rollin'" became viral which ended up making the song reach the top of many Korean charts for the first time in their career. As a result, the group returned to music shows to perform the song and making appearances on variety shows as well. It was also revealed, by the member Yujeong, that they were about to disband right before the viral; the members had already left the dormitory when it happened.
On April 1, 2021, it was confirmed that the group is preparing on a summer comeback. On the April 9 episode of MBC's Home Alone, Brave Brothers confirmed that he is working on a mini album that would possibly be released in June.
Members[change | change source]
|Minyoung (민영)||Leader, Main Vocalist, Lead Dancer||2016–present|
|Yujeong (유정)||Vocalist, Visual||2016–present|
|Eunji (은지)||Main Dancer, Main Rapper, Vocalist||2016–present|
|Yuna (유나)||Lead Vocalist, Lead Rapper, Lead Dancer, Maknae||2016–present|
|Eunyoung (은영)||Leader, Main Vocalist, Lead Dancer, Visual||2011–2013[Notes 1]|
|Seoah (서아)||Main Dancer, Vocalist||2011–2013[Notes 1]|
|Yejin (예진)||Vocalist||2011–2013[Notes 1]|
|Yujin (유진)||Leader, Lead Vocalist, Lead Rapper||2011–2017|
|Hyeran (혜란)||Main Rapper, Main Dancer, Vocalist||2011–2017[Notes 2]|
|Hayun (하윤)||Vocalist, Maknae||2016–2018[Notes 3]|
Discography[change | change source]
Mini albums[change | change source]
Singles[change | change source]
- "The Difference" (2011)
Digital singles[change | change source]
- "Easily (Remix)" (2011)
- "For You" (2013)
- "Deepened" (2016)
- "Yoo-Hoo" (2016)
- "Rollin' (New Version)" (2018)
- "We Ride" (2020)
Collaboration singles[change | change source]
Endorsements[change | change source]
- Vons Chicken (2016)
- Kingdom: Embers of War (2021)
- BBQ Chicken (2021)
- Elcanto (2021)
- SPAO (2021)
- Dongwon Yoghurt (2021)
- Lotte Department Store (2021)
Notes[change | change source]
- Officially left in February 2016
- Hiatus since January 2017 until group reorganized as 4 in March 2019
- Hiatus since August 2018 until group reorganized as 4 in March 2019
References[change | change source]
- Soompi: KBS Music Bank 04.08.11
- Soompi: Brave Girls Release MV for "So Sexy"
- Soompi: Brave Girls Release Concept Photos and MV for Comeback Song "Easily (feat. Skul1)"
- Soompi: Brave Girls Release New Mini Album and MV for "These Days You"
- (KR) YNA: 브레이브엔터 가수들, 겨울노래 '올해가 가고' 발표
- Soompi: Brave Girls to Comeback With Completely New Image and Line-Up
- Soompi: Brave Girls Set Comeback Date and New Song
- Soompi: Watch: Brave Girls Return With “Deepened” Single and MV
- Soompi: Brave Girls Shares First Teasers For Comeback With Album Cover And Track List
- Soompi: Brave Girls Isn’t Ready For Summer To Be Over In Swimsuit Image Teasers For Digital Single
- Makestar: A look at past albums
- Soompi: Brave Girls Likely To Make Comeback After Successful Crowdfunding Effort
- Soompi: Brave Girls’ Yoojin Leaving Group, Hyeran To Go On Hiatus
- Soompi: Brave Girls To Make Comeback As 5-Member Group
- Brave Girls on Twitter: Brave Girls 4th Mini Album [Rollin'] Schedule Poster (February 27, 2017)
- Soompi: Brave Girls’ Yoojung To Temporarily Halt Activities Due To Health Issue
- Soompi: BIGSTAR And Brave Girls Members To Join Idol Reboot Show “The Unit”
- Soompi: Brave Brothers To Release New Version Of Brave Girls's "Rollin'
- Soompi: Brave Girls’s Hayun To Sit Out Of Upcoming Group Activities Due To Health Reasons
- Soompi: Brave Girls Announces Long-Awaited Comeback
- Soompi: Brave Girls Shares Their Thoughts On Sudden Chart Resurgence Of Their Song “Rollin'”
- Soompi: Brave Girls To Return To Music Shows To Perform Their Resurging 2017 Hit “Rollin'”
- Soompi: Brave Girls’ Yujeong Reveals Group’s Reaction To “Rollin'” Suddenly Topping Charts, How Close They Were To Disbandment, And More
- Soompi: Brave Girls’ “Rollin'” Achieves Perfect All-Kill
- Soompi: https://www.soompi.com/article/1459370wpp/brave-girls-talks-about-their-emotional-first-ever-music-show-win
- Soompi: Brave Girls’ Agency Confirms They’re Preparing For Summer Comeback
- Soompi: Brave Brothers Talks About Brave Girls’ Success, Their Upcoming Comeback, And More