|Coordinates: Lua error in package.lua at line 80: module 'Module:ISO 3166/data/US' not found.|
|• Total||11.4 sq mi (29.7 km2)|
|• Land||11.3 sq mi (29.3 km2)|
|• Water||0.1 sq mi (0.4 km2)|
|Elevation||82 ft (25 m)|
|• Density||482.3/sq mi (185.1/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||0157900|
Government[change | change source]
The city government consists of mayor who is elected at large and five member city council who are each elected from a district.
Education[change | change source]
Schools in the Brewton City School System:
- Brewton Elementary School, on Douglas Ave.
- Brewton Middle School, on Liles Blvd.
- T. R. Miller High School, on Douglas Ave.
Culture and special events[change | change source]
The Thomas E. McMillan Museum is on the campus of the Jefferson Davis Community College.
Notable natives or residents[change | change source]
- Wayne Frazier, pro football player, Auburn University,
- Teddy Keaton, Football coach, Stillman College
- Kevin Sumlin, Football coach, Texas A&M Aggies football
References[change | change source]