Brian Douglas Wilson (born June 20, 1942) is an American musician, songwriter and singer. He was born in Inglewood, California.
He is a founding member of The Beach Boys, although he was largely separate from the band from the 1970s until 2011. He played bass, sang, and wrote songs for them. In the 1970s and 80s, Wilson struggled with drug problems and eating too much. In the 1980s and 90s, he began a solo career.
He was a Kennedy Center honoree in 2007. In 2011, Wilson reunited with The Beach Boys.
Wilson has bipolar disorder and schizoaffective disorder.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ Chet Cooper; Gillian Friedman. "Brian Wilson – A Powerful Interview". Ability Magazine.
- 1942 births
- Living people
- American pop singers
- American rock singers
- American rock musicians
- American pop musicians
- People with bipolar disorder
- Writers from Los Angeles
- Musicians from Los Angeles
- Singers from Los Angeles
- Singer-songwriters from California
- People from Inglewood, California
- Progressive rock singers