From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|City of Brookhaven|
|Nickname(s): Brookhaven, North Atlanta|
|• Total||49,000 (est.)|
|Time zone||Eastern (EST) (UTC-5)|
|• Summer (DST)||EDT (UTC-4)|
|ZIP codes||30319, 30341|
Brookhaven is a city in western DeKalb County, Georgia, United States. It is northeast of Atlanta. Brookhaven became DeKalb County's 11th city on December 17, 2012. It has been approved in a referendum on July 31, 2012.
References[change | change source]
- "Brookhaven looks at city options - Dunwoody Crier: Home". Thecrier.net. 2007-07-27. http://thecrier.net/articles/2007/07/27/front/city.txt. Retrieved 2013-07-14.
- "CITY OF BROOKHAVEN: Request for Proposal (RFP) For Risk Management & Insurance Services For the City of Brookhaven, Georgia; Governor’s Commission on Brookhaven (“Commission”), December 3, 2012
- Hunt, April. "No Brookhaven, but Ashford still a possibility". Atlanta Journal-Constitution. http://www.ajc.com/news/georgia-politics-elections/no-brookhaven-but-ashford-1336773.html. Retrieved 9 February 2012.
- "Brookhaven residents vote to create new city", Reporter Newspapers, July 31, 2012
- "Georgia scraps over creation of new, mostly white cities" - USA Today 2012/07/30