From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Bypass can have several meanings. It always means: going round something in order to avoid it.
Bypass can also mean:
- Bypass (computing), in computing, avoiding security features in hacking, or changing what one does in troubleshooting
- Bypass (effect), in effects units, a switch that allows sound processing to be "turned off" to get a "dry", unprocessed sound output
- Bypass (road), road or highway that goes round a town or village
- Bypass (surgical), creating an alternate route for blood flow or food (e.g. a heart bypass)
- Bypass surgery, specific types of surgical bypass
- Bypass (telecommunications) can mean many things
- Bypass (valve), in diving, a valve in rebreathers to bypass the flow rate control valve
- Bypass duct, passage in turbofan aircraft engines that allows airflow to bypass the engine core
- Bleach bypass, in film processing, an optical effect reducing saturation, increasing contrast, and giving a pastel look
|This disambiguation page lists articles with similar titles.
If a link brought you here, you can go back and fix it so it goes straight to the right page.