Jump to navigation Jump to search
Bypass can have several meanings. It always means: going round something in order to avoid it.
Bypass can also mean:
- Bypass (computing), in computing, avoiding security features in hacking, or changing what one does in troubleshooting
- Bypass (effect), in effects units, a switch that allows sound processing to be "turned off" to get a "dry", unprocessed sound output
- Bypass (road), road or highway that goes round a town or village
- Bypass (surgical), creating an alternate route for blood flow or food (e.g. a heart bypass)
- Bypass surgery, specific types of surgical bypass
- Bypass (telecommunications) can mean many things
- Bypass (valve), in diving, a valve in rebreathers to bypass the flow rate control valve
- Bypass duct, passage in turbofan aircraft engines that allows airflow to bypass the engine core
- Bleach bypass, in film processing, an optical effect reducing saturation, increasing contrast, and giving a pastel look
| This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Bypass.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.