C2 Green Tea
Etymology[change | change source]
The term C2 is actually an abbreviation. It means 2 Cs and stands for "Cool & Clean".
Manufacturing Process[change | change source]
C2 Green Tea is brewed and bottled in the same day which is safe. The drink contains natural green tea leaves (Camellia sinensis). The leaves were brewed gently to retain the antioxidants normally lost in other extraction processes. In fact the Chinese characters in the bottle means The “brewed from natural green tea leaves.” It is bottled in PET bottles.
Variants[change | change source]
- C2 Green Tea Plain (also available in Sugar Free)
- C2 Green Tea Apple (also available in Sugar Free)
- C2 Green Tea Lemon (also available in Sugar Free)
- C2 Green Tea Peach
- C2 Green Tea Strawberry
- C2 Green Tea Kiwi
- C2 Green Tea Lychee
- C2 Green Tea Forest Fruits (blends of raspberry, blueberry and lemon)
- C2 Green Tea Orange
- C2 Black Tea Lemon
- C2 Green Tea Melon
- C2 Green Tea Dalandan
Limited C2 Gold bottle[change | change source]
Vietnam Exclusive[change | change source]
- C2 Green Tea Plain (only bottle design is different)
- C2 Green Tea
- C2 Green Tea Jasmine
- C2 Green Tea Lotus
Controversy[change | change source]
Text messages circulated that the use of PET bottles, which was use in manufacturing C2, is dangerous to the health. Later, the company issued a statement that the use of PET bottles for cold and hot-fill food and beverages has been approved by both the US Food and Drug Administration (US FDA) and the European Food Safety Authority. The company also said that adheres to the conditions of use for PET bottles, as set forth by the organizations mentioned earlier.
Untouched materials were only use in producing C2's bottles. It is perfectly safe for a consumer to re-use a C2 (PET) bottle as long as it has not been used earlier to store harmful chemicals, and full sanitation is applied prior to the next usage occasion.
In May 2016, C2 products in Vietnam were found to have excessive lead content in two batches by food inspection agencies and was a major scandal in social media. The company was rumored according to social media to have paid agency officials to modify test results. Vietnamese regulators ordered the company to pay US$ 260,000 for the violation. It had earlier paid a fine for environmental violations.
References[change | change source]
- TV Commercial: C2 Green Tea Equation - Universal Robina dot com
- PET Bottles and C2 Green Tea - Universal Robina dot com
- C2 Green Tea Is Brewed And Bottled On The Same Day - Universal Robina dot com
- C2 Green Tea Goes Fruit-Tea - Universal Robina dot com
- C2 Green Tea Orange: The First Green Tea in Orange - Universal Robina dot com
- C2: A Healthy Balance of Relaxation and Rejuvenation - Universal Robina dot com
- C2 Green Tea « The C2 Life!
- URC unveils limited-edition C2 Gold - Universal Robina dot com
- URC launches C2 Green Tea in Vietnam - Universal Robina dot com