COVID-19 pandemic in Chad
|COVID-19 pandemic in Chad|
|Arrival date||19 March 2020|
(1 year, 9 months, 3 weeks and 1 day)
|Confirmed cases||372 (as of 13 May)|
|Active cases||252 (as of 13 May)|
|Recovered||78 (as of 13 May)|
|42 (as of 13 May)|
On 26 March, with three cases already reported, Chadian authorities reported two additional positive cases. The cases were a 48-year-old Chadian and a 55-year-old Cameroonian passenger on a 17 March Ethiopian Airlines flight from Dubai and Brussels, respectively, through Addis Ababa.
On 6 April, Chad recorded its first case of local contamination, a 31-year-old Chadian who was in contact with another Chadian who had diagnosed positive.
References[change | change source]
- "Coronavirus in Africa tracker". bbc.co.uk. Retrieved 14 May 2020.
- "Ministère de la Santé Publique du Tchad". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2020-05-08.
- "Chad confirms first case of coronavirus: government statement". Reuters. 19 March 2020. Archived from the original on 20 March 2020. Retrieved 19 March 2020.
- Alwihda, Info. "Tchad - COVID-19 : un tchadien et un suisse testés positifs". Alwihda Info - Actualités TCHAD, Afrique, International (in French). Retrieved 2020-04-09.
- "Covid-19 : les autorités sanitaires confirment le 10e cas". Journal du Tchad (in French). Archived from the original on 2020-04-11. Retrieved 2020-04-11.