COVID-19 pandemic in El Salvador
|COVID-19 pandemic in El Salvador|
Number of confirmed cases by department
1-24 cases confirmed
25-49 cases confirmed
50-99 cases confirmed
100-199 cases confirmed
200-499 cases confirmed
500-999 cases confirmed
≥1000 cases confirmed
|First outbreak||Wuhan, China|
|Index case||Metapán, Santa Ana|
|Arrival date||18 March 2020|
(1 year, 2 months, 4 weeks and 1 day)
|Official Statistics - Government of El Salvador|
|‡Suspected cases have not been confirmed as being due to this strain by laboratory tests, although some other strains may have been ruled out.|
Numbers[change | change source]
As of 13 May 2020, El Salvador reported 1,112 cases, 20 deaths and 405 recoveries.
Response[change | change source]
Arrests[change | change source]
El Salvador had arrested more people for violating the quarantine than it had diagnosed cases of COVID-19, a total of 2,424 people had been arrested for violating quarantine orders, and 48,913 people had been tested for the virus.
References[change | change source]
- "El Salvador registers 1st COVID-19 case". Xinhuanet. 19 March 2020. Retrieved 23 March 2020.
- "Situación Nacional COVID-19". Gobierno de El Salvador. 29 March 2020. Retrieved 29 March 2020.
- Redacción (2020-03-20). "Nicaragua y El Salvador confirman los primeros casos del nuevo coronavirus". BBC News Mundo (in Spanish). Retrieved 2020-03-26.
- Sosa, Eduardo; Carranza, Enrique (28 March 2020). "A 24 sube la cifra de contagios por coronavirus en El Salvador". El Diario de Hoy. Retrieved 31 March 2020.
- "El Salvador registers country's first coronavirus death". National Post. 31 March 2020. Retrieved 31 March 2020.
- "National Quarantine in El Salvador to contain the spread of the COVID-19". JD Supra. 17 March 2020. Retrieved 18 March 2020.
- Delcid, Merlin (19 March 2020). "Investigan a infectóloga en El Salvador que burló cuarentena tras viaje a Alemania" [An infectologist in El Salvador who circumvented quarantine after a trip to Germany is investigated]. CNN en Español (in Spanish). Retrieved 20 March 2020.