COVID-19 pandemic in Gabon
|COVID-19 pandemic in Gabon|
|First outbreak||Wuhan, China|
|Arrival date||12 March 2020|
(3 years, 1 week and 5 days)
|Confirmed cases||1,004 (as of 14 May)|
|Active cases||843 (as of 14 May)|
|Recovered||152 (as of 14 May)|
|9 (as of 14 May)|
The COVID-19 pandemic was confirmed to have reached Gabon in March 2020.
The country's first case was announced on 12 March, a 27-year-old Gabonese man who returned to Gabon from France, four days before the confirmation of the coronavirus.
On 17 March, two additional cases were confirmed in the country, including a woman who works at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. She visited Marseille and Paris before returning to the country.
On 20 March, the first death was confirmed.
On 24 March, diagnosed cases increased to six with the Ministry of Health announcing two new cases: a 45-year-old Togolese national, resident of Gabon and who recently returned from Senegal on March 11 and a 42-year-old Gabonese national who returned from France on March 19.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ "Infos Corona Virus – Informez-vous sur le Corona Virus" (in French). Retrieved 2020-05-14.
- ↑ "Ghana, Gabon confirm first cases of coronavirus". National Post. Reuters. 13 March 2020. Retrieved 13 March 2020.
- ↑ "Urgent : 2 nouveaux cas confirmés de Covid-19". GabonActu. 17 March 2020. Retrieved 20 March 2020.
- ↑ "Coronavirus : premier décès enregistré au Gabon". GabonMediaTime. 20 March 2020. Retrieved 20 March 2020.
- ↑ "Covid-19 : Le Gabon enregistre son 6è cas positif". 23 March 2020. Archived from the original on 10 April 2020.