COVID-19 pandemic in Paraguay
|COVID-19 pandemic in Paraguay|
|First outbreak||Guayaquil, Ecuador (local)|
Wuhan, China (global)
|Index case||Central department|
|Arrival date||7 March 2020|
(2 years, 4 months and 27 days)
Response[change | change source]
On 10 March 2020, the Paraguayan government suspended classes and all activities that involve groups of people, as well as public and private events, for 15 days. Other measures include partial closure of borders, restricting entry of foreigners, and curfews.
Numbers[change | change source]
On 20 March 2020, the first death and the first case of community transmission were confirmed. The government declared a total quarantine until 3 May, with free movement restricted completely. Public movement is restricted to buying food, medicine and other essential items.
Reopening[change | change source]
On 4 May, the country began to “smart quarantine”, which is the slow return to work and social activities with social distancing and hygiene measures.
References[change | change source]
- "En Paraguay: Suspenden clases y prohíben aglomeración de personas por 15 días". rockandpop.cl (in Spanish). 11 March 2020. Retrieved 22 March 2020.
- "Advierten que cierre de fronteras será para personas, no para mercaderías".
- "Suman 18 casos de coronavirus y se confirma propagación comunitaria". ultimahora.com. Retrieved 21 March 2020.
- "Ministerio de Salud confirma primer fallecido por coronavirus en Paraguay". ultimahora.com. Retrieved 21 March 2020.
- "La cuarentena irá hasta el domingo 12 de abril y aislamiento total con excepciones hasta el 28 de marzo – Nacionales – ABC Color". www.abc.com.py. Retrieved 21 March 2020.