CTV Television Network
|Type||Broadcast television network|
northern United States (via cable or antenna)
|Founded||by Spence Caldwell|
(Bell Media Inc.)
|Key people||John Raisman, President, Programming and Sports
Rick Brace, President, Production
Wendy Freeman, President, News
Mike Cosentino, Senior Vice-President, Programming
|Launch date||October 1, 1961|
|Former names||Canadian Television Network (CTN) – pre-launch name|
|Sister channels||CTV Two|
CTV Television Network (commonly referred to as CTV) is a Canadian English language television network.
Slogans[change | edit source]
- 1961–1966: "This is CTV"
- 1966–1967: "The Colour Network"
- 1967–1974: "It's Happening on CTV"
- 1968–1969: "Pleasure Isle" (TV promos only)
- 1974–1985: "For Those Who Want It All"
- 1985–1987: "CTV Entertains You"
- 1987–1988: "You'll See it All on CTV"
- 1988–1989: "The Choice of Canadians"
- 1989–1990: "Watch Yourself on CTV"
- 1990–1994: "Tuned In To You"
- 1994–1997: "This Is CTV"
- 1997–2005: "Canadian Television"
- 2003–2005: "Canada's Watching" (alternate slogan)
- 2005–2009: "Canada's #1 Network"
- 2009–2010: "Canada's Olympic Network"
- 2010–present: "Naturally CTV"
CTV Two[change | edit source]
Since the 2007 acquisition of A-Channel by CTVglobemedia as part of the takeover of CHUM Limited, media analysts had speculated that CTV may potentially extend its market-leading CTV brand to that network. It was first rebranded as "A" in 2008, then as "CTV Two" on August 29, 2011.
Spring 2012 schedule[change | edit source]
Red indicates Canadian content shows
|7:00 PM||7:30 PM||8:00 PM||8:30 PM||9:00 PM||9:30 PM||10:00 PM||10:30 PM|
|Sunday||Once Upon a Time||The Amazing Race||Desperate Housewives||GCB|
|Monday||eTalk||The Big Bang Theory||The Voice||Smash|
|Wednesday||American Idol||Mike & Molly||CSI: Crime Scene Investigation|
|Thursday||The Big Bang Theory||Two and a Half Men||Grey's Anatomy||The Mentalist|
|Friday||CSI: NY||Grimm||Blue Bloods|
|Saturday||W5||Flashpoint||Criminal Minds||The Listener|