Cadillac is an automobile maker, owned by General Motors. They are known for making luxury cars. In the United States during the 20th century, Cadillacs were so highly thought of that the phrase "the Cadillac of x" was coined, meaning that something is of excellent quality and better than everything else in its category.
The company, officially called "Cadillac Motor Car Division" is one of the oldest car companies and was founded in 1902. By the 1950s and 60s it had become famous for making cars that were high quality and luxurious and Cadillacs often set the standard for automotive styling. Cadillac declined a lot by the 1980s and lost much of its market to other companies. However, since the early 2000s, newer Cadillacs have gotten strong reviews and have sold well, and Cadillac is once again considered one of the world's top luxury car brands.
Cadillac 6 1/2HP Tonneau 1903
Cadillac 8 1/4HP Surrey 1904
Cadillac 8 1/2HP Tonneau 1904
Cadillac 9HP Limousine
Cadillac is based in Detroit, Michigan. Many of its cars are available as a V model (CTS-V, STS-V, et cetera), which is a sports package.
Current[change | change source]
Discontinued[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
- Cadillac.com — official site
- Cadillac.GM.ca - official site of Cadillac in Canada
- CadillacEurope.com — official site of Cadillac in Europe
- CadillacOwners.com — Community of Cadillac owners and enthusiasts with pictures, classifieds, auctions, discussions, tech tips and more...
- History and Picture Cadillac in Russian