Carly Rose Sonenclar
|Carly Rose Sonenclar|
|Born||April 20, 1999
New York City, New York
|Occupations||Singer, actress, songwriter|
Carly Rose Sonenclar (born April 20, 1999) is an American singer, songwriter and actress. In 2012, Sonenclar finished in second place in season 2 of The X Factor USA.
She started her career as an actress on Broadway in 2006, and she also played Gilda in the television show The Electric Company. She later became a singer, and sang the National Anthem at sporting events.
In 2012, Sonenclar auditioned for The X Factor USA season two, singing the song "Feeling Good", which gave her praise from the judges. During the season, Sonenclar was normally among the top two most voted contestants, along with Tate Stevens. In the finale, Sonenclar finished in second behind Stevens.
Sources[change | change source]
- "Carly Rose Sonenclar - Feeling Good - The X Factor". Rickey.org. 2012-09-13. http://www.rickey.org/carly-rose-sonenclar-feeling-good-the-x-factor/. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- Ramisetti, Kirthana (2012-09-14). "Carly Rose Sonenclar wows judges on 'X Factor'". http://newyork.newsday.com/entertainment/things-to-do/hudson-buzz-1.3774483/carly-rose-sonenclar-wows-judges-on-x-factor-1.4002483. Retrieved 2013-06-18.
- "The X Factor 2012 - Top 12 Revealed - Video". Rickey.org. 2012-10-17. http://www.rickey.org/the-x-factor-2012-top-16-revealed/. Retrieved 2012-10-21.
- "The X Factor - Top 8 Results - Live Blog - 11/29/2012". Rickey.org. 2012-11-29. http://www.rickey.org/the-x-factor-top-8-results-live-blog-11292012/. Retrieved 2012-12-19.
- Barrett, Annie (2012-12-21). "'The X Factor' season finale recap: Country strong". CNN. http://www.cnn.com/2012/12/21/showbiz/tv/x-factor-winner-ew/index.html. Retrieved 2012-12-21.
- Ramisetti, Kirthana (2013-03-04). "Carly Rose Sonenclar's recording option picked up by Syco Music". Newsday. http://newyork.newsday.com/entertainment/things-to-do/hudson-buzz-1.3774483/carly-rose-sonenclar-s-recording-option-picked-up-by-syco-music-1.4748858. Retrieved 2013-06-18.