|Died||July 19, 2015 (aged 85)|
|Alma mater||Hartt School of Music|
Carmino Ravosa (January 29, 1930 – July 19, 2015) was an American composer and lyricist, singer, pianist, as well as a producer, director, and musical historian. Ravosa, who wrote music for children for decades. He was one of the most popular songwriters for schools in the country.
Ravosa was an author and editor for Silver Burdett & Ginn's music textbook series "World of Music" and "The Music Connection", and the composer of the theme musicals in the two series. He also was a songwriter for the CBS children's shows Captain Kangaroo and Romper Room, the PBS program Shining Time Station, and the PBS publication Sesame Street Magazine.
References[change | change source]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 1.2 "Carmino Ravosa". The Hartt School, University of Hartford. Retrieved January 26, 2014.
- 1930 births
- 2015 deaths
- American singer-songwriters
- American pianists
- American composers
- American television producers
- American television directors
- American historians
- Singers from Massachusetts
- Writers from Massachusetts
- Musicians from Massachusetts
- Singers from New York (state)
- Musicians from New York (state)
- Writers from New York (state)
- People from Springfield, Massachusetts