Fisher at the 2012 San Diego Comic-Con International, July 2012
|Born||Carrie Frances Fisher
October 21, 1956
Beverly Hills, California, U.S.
|Died||December 27, 2016
(aged 60) |
Los Angeles, California, U.S.
|Cause of death||Complications from cardiac arrest|
|Occupation||Actress, screenwriter, author, producer, speaker|
|Spouse(s)||Paul Simon (m. 1983–84)|
|Partner(s)||Bryan Lourd (1991–94)|
Carrie Frances Fisher (October 21, 1956 – December 27, 2016) was an American screenwriter, actress and writer. She acted in many movies. Fisher was best known for playing Princess Leia in the Star Wars movies. She was also known for her 1987 novel Postcards from the Edge.
Fisher was born in Beverly Hills, California. She was the daughter of actress Debbie Reynolds and singer Eddie Fisher. Fisher had bipolar disorder. In 2008 her memoir Wishful Drinking was published.
Fisher died on December 27, 2016 at the Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center in Los Angeles, California from complications of cardiac arrest at age 60. The next day, her mother died of a cerebral hemorrhage.
References[change | change source]
- "Certificate of Death – Carrie Frances Fisher". County of Los Angeles Department of Public Health. January 9, 2017. http://tmz.vo.llnwd.net/o28/newsdesk/tmz_documents/0109-Death%20Certificate%20Carrie%20Fisher_Redacted%202.pdf. Retrieved January 10, 2017.
- Trisha Bee (December 27, 2016). "Star Wars actress Carrie Fisher dies at 60". Fox6Now. http://fox6now.com/2016/12/27/star-wars-actress-carrie-fisher-dies-at-60/. Retrieved December 27, 2016.
- "Carrie Fisher". InfoPlease. Sandbox Networks, Inc. http://www.infoplease.com/biography/var/carriefisher.html. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- "Carrie Fisher". AETN UK. http://www.lifetimetv.co.uk/biography/biography-carrie-fisher. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- "Carrie Fisher Biography". A&E Television Network, LLC. http://www.biography.com/people/carrie-fisher-9542646#profile. Retrieved 20 February 2016.
- Carrie Fisher is bipolar