Jump to navigation Jump to search
Grant in 1941
Archibald Alexander Leach
January 18, 1904
|Died||November 29, 1986 (aged 82)|
|Cause of death||Cerebral hemorrhage|
|Other names||Archie Leach|
|Education||Bishop Road Primary School|
Fairfield Grammar School
|Spouse(s)||Virginia Cherrill (1934–1935)|
Barbara Hutton (1943–1945)
Betsy Drake (1949–1962)
Dyan Cannon (1965–1968)
Barbara Harris (1981–1986)
|Partner(s)||Maureen Donaldson (1973–1977)|
|Children||Jennifer Grant (born 1966)|
|Awards||Academy Honorary Award (1970) For his unique mastery of the art of screen acting with the respect and affection of his colleagues.|
Kennedy Center Honors (1981)
Cary Grant (January 18, 1904 - November 29, 1986), born as Archibald Alexander Leach in Bristol, United Kingdom, was an actor in the United States. He starred in many movies, including 1959's North by Northwest.
|Wikiquote has a collection of quotations related to: Cary Grant|
Sources[change | change source]
- "Cary Grant's Body Cremated In California". Orlando Sentinel, December 2, 1986.
- van Matre, Lynn (April 10, 1989). "The Unseen Faces of Cary Grant". Chicago Tribune. Chicago, Illinois. Retrieved May 22, 2016.
- Abrams, Garry (March 24, 1989). "Shadows on a Legend: Cary Grant's Image as the Perfect Hollywood Heartthrob is Sullied in Two Competing New Books Portraying a Darker Side to the Star". Los Angeles Times. Los Angeles, California. Retrieved May 22, 2016.
- McCann, Graham (1997). Cary Grant: A Class Apart. London: Fourth Estate. p. 13. ISBN 978-1-85702-574-3.
- Higham, Charles; Moseley, Roy (1990). Cary Grant: The Lonely Heart. Avon Books. p. 277. ISBN 978-0-380-71009-6. Check
|isbn=value: invalid character (help).CS1 maint: multiple names: authors list (link)
- Nelson, Nancy (2002). Evenings with Cary Grant: Recollections in His Own Words and by Those Who Knew Him Best. Citadel Press. p. 290. ISBN 978-0-8065-2412-2.
Other websites[change | change source]