Category:CS1 errors: URL
This is a tracking categoryIt is used to build and maintain lists of pages—primarily for the sake of the lists themselves. They are not part of the encyclopedia's categorization scheme.
|Administrators: Please do not delete this category even if it is empty! |
This category may be empty occasionally or even most of the time.
External links in Citation Style 1 and Citation Style 2 templates are made from two parts: the title (
|chapter=, etc.) and the URL (
|lay-url=, etc.). The
|url= parameter and other URL parameters must begin with a supported URI scheme. The URI schemes
https:// and the protocol relative scheme
// are most commonly used;
gopher:// are also supported.
The URL field is checked to ensure that it contains only Latin characters and does not contain spaces. The URL may be protocol relative (begins with
//). If there are no spaces and the URL is not protocol relative, then the scheme must comply with RFC 3986.
Top- and second-level domain names are checked for proper form. Generally, top-level domain names must be two or more letters; second-level domain names must be two or more letters, digits, or hyphens (first and last character must be a letter or digit). Single-letter second-level domains are supported for:
- all cc TLDs (the country code is not validated)
- the .org TLD
- certain letters of the .com TLD (q, x, z)
- certain letters of the .net TLD (i, q)
Third- and subsequent-level domain names are not checked. The path portion of the URL is not checked.
To resolve this error, ensure that
|url= and other URL parameters contain valid URLs. Online tools are available to internationalize URLs that are written in non-Latin scripts:
- "IDN Conversion Tool". Verisign.
Notes[change | change source]
- Pages in the Book talk, Category talk, Draft talk, Education Program talk, File talk, Help talk, MediaWiki talk, Module talk, Portal talk, Talk, Template talk, User, User talk, and Wikipedia talk namespaces are not included in the error tracking categories.
References[change | change source]
|Contents:||Top – 0–9 A B C D E F G H I J K L M N O P Q R S T U V W X Y Z|
Pages in category "CS1 errors: URL"
The following 175 pages are in this category, out of 175 total.
- Calgary Transit
- Cameron Mathison
- Chinese New Year
- Chittur, Palakkad
- Christian Monsod
- Template:Cite encyclopedia
- Template:Cite encyclopedia/doc
- Citroën Jumpy
- Communist Party of China
- Constitution of Australia
- Conversation Peace
- Cornelius A. Smith
- COVID-19 pandemic in Poland
- Croatian National Resistance
- Culture of ancient Rome
- Laos at the Olympics
- Lawrence, Kansas
- Linda Sarsour
- Lion-tailed macaque
- List of Blue's Clues episodes
- List of boroughs and census areas in Alaska
- List of British Rail modern traction locomotive classes
- List of current members of the United States House of Representatives
- List of Nobel Prize winners in Chemistry
- List of people from Los Angeles
- List of settlements in Florida
- List of Soundgarden awards
- List of Total Drama episodes
- List of WWE alumni
- Saffron Walden
- Saint Mary-of-the-Woods, Indiana
- Salesforce Tower
- San Francisco de Macorís
- Second inauguration of Barack Obama
- Selçuk İnan
- Service animal
- Shakopee, Minnesota
- Shallow (Lady Gaga and Bradley Cooper song)
- Shammi Kapoor
- Sharpsburg, Kentucky
- Side-striped jackal
- Slavery in the United States
- Small Business Administration
- Sonic the Hedgehog (movie)
- Storm history of Hurricane Ivan