Central nervous system
Jump to navigation Jump to search
Together with the peripheral nervous system, it has an important role in the control of behaviour. The CNS is protected by bone in the dorsal cavity: the brain in the cranial subcavity, and the spinal cord in the spinal cavity.
- See also: Vertebrate brain
Parts of the vertebrate CNS[change | change source]
Other websites[change | change source]
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Central nervous system.|
- Sylvius: 400+ structure neuroanatomical visual glossary; used by over half of U.S. medical schools
- High-Resolution Cytoarchitectural Primate Brain Atlases Archived 2019-10-11 at the Wayback Machine
- Human Brains: A Learning Tool Archived 2007-06-25 at the Wayback Machine.
- Explaining the human nervous system Archived 2017-06-26 at the Wayback Machine.
- Nervous System - Back Pain - Anatomy (info on nerve pairs) Archived 2007-08-07 at the Wayback Machine.
- Textbook in Medical Physiology And Pathophysiology, many links Archived 2009-08-03 at the Wayback Machine
- Brain and Cranial Nerves, Anatomy and Physiology Lecture, Northland Community College Archived 2007-07-10 at the Wayback Machine
- Latest Research on the Brain and Central Nervous System From ScienceDaily