Chandrashekhar Agashe (Marathi: चंद्रशेखर आगाशे; IAST: Candraśekhara Āgāśe; 14 February 1888 — 9 June 1956) was an Indian industrialist and lawyer, best remembered as the founder of the Brihan Maharashtra Sugar Syndicate Ltd. He served as the managing director of the company from its inception in 1934 till his death in 1956. He served as the President of the Bhor State Council from 1932 to 1934.
Today, the Chandrashekhar Agashe College of Physical Education in Pune, the CGA - BMTRC in the Brihan Maharashtra College of Commerce, and the Chandrashekhar Agashe High School in Shreepur are named after him. He is also the namesake of the Chandrashekhar Agashe Museum wing in the Raja Dinkar Kelkar Museum and the Chandrashekhar Agashe Road in Shaniwar Peth, Pune. He also became the namesake of the Agashe pattern, a means of equity crowdfunding, among businesses and press in Maharashtra between 1934 and 1956.
Bibliography[change | change source]
- Barve, Ramesh; Vartak, Taraprakash; Belvalkar, Sharchandra, eds. (2002). Putra Viśvastācā : Gaurava Grantha [The Son of the Trusted One : A Festschrift] (in Marathi) (1st ed.). Pune: Dnyaneshwar Agashe Gaurava Samitī. ISBN 978-1-5323-4594-4. LCCN 2017322865. OCLC 992168227.CS1 maint: ignored ISBN errors (link)
- Karandikar, Shakuntala (1992). Viśvasta [The Trusted One] (in Marathi) (1st ed.). Pune: Śrī Prakāśana (published July 1992). ISBN 9781532345012. LCCN 2017322865. OCLC 992168228.CS1 maint: ignored ISBN errors (link)
- Rānaḍe, Sadāśiva Bhāskara (1974). Cittapāvana Kauśika Gotrī Āgāśe-Kula-vr̥ttānta [The Agashe Family Genealogy belonging to the Chitpavan Kaushik Gotra] (in Marathi) (1st ed.). Pune: University of Michigan. LCCN 74903020. OCLC 600048059.
- Agashe, Trupti; Agashe, Gopal (2006). "Mangdari Gharana" [The House of Mangdari]. In Wad, Mugdha (ed.). Agashe Kulvrutant [The Agashe Family Genealogy] (in Marathi) (2nd ed.). Hyderabad: Surbhi Graphics. ISBN 978-1-5323-4500-5.
- Pathak, Gangadhar (1978). Gokhale kulavr̥ttānta [The Gokhale Family Genealogy] (in Marathi) (2nd ed.). Pune: Gokhale Kulavr̥ttānta Kāryakārī Maṇdaḷa. LCCN 81902590.
- Bapat, Seema; Bapat, Sadanand (2007). "Naringre, Kalyan, Junnar Gharana" [The House of Naringre, Kalyan & Junnar]. Bapat Kulavruttant [The Bapat Family Genealogy] (in Marathi) (3rd ed.). Pune.