From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Chantal Akerman (2012)
|Born||Chantal Anne Akerman
6 June 1950
|Died||5 October 2015
|Occupation||Artist, movie director, professor, screenwriter, producer, cinematographer, film editor, actress|
|Notable work||Jeanne Dielman, 23 quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles|
Chantal Anne Akerman (French: [akɛʁman]; 6 June 1950 – 5 October 2015) was a Belgian movie director, artist, and professor at the City College of New York. Her best-known movies were Jeanne Dielman, 23 quai du Commerce, 1080 Bruxelles (1975).
References[change | change source]
- "Chantal Akerman". The City College of New York. http://www.ccny.cuny.edu/profiles/Chantal-Akerman.cfm.
- Guardian obituary
- Rare docs on French filmmakers
- Isabelle Regnier (6 October 2015). "La cinéaste Chantal Akerman est morte". Le Monde. http://www.lemonde.fr/cinema/article/2015/10/06/la-cineaste-chantal-akerman-est-morte_4783566_3476.html. Retrieved 6 October 2015.
- Julien Gester (6 October 2015). "Mort de la cinéaste Chantal Akerman". Libération. http://next.liberation.fr/culture-next/2015/10/06/mort-de-la-cineaste-chantal-akerman_1398190. Retrieved 6 October 2015.
- Catherine Shoard (6 October 2015). "Chantal Akerman, pioneering Belgian film director and theorist, dies aged 65". Guardian. http://www.theguardian.com/film/2015/oct/06/chantal-akerman-pioneering-belgium-film-director-and-theorist-dies-aged-65. Retrieved 6 October 2015.
- Donadio, Rachel; Buckley, Clara (6 October 2015). "Chantal Akerman, Pioneering Belgian Filmmaker, Dies at 65". "The New York Times". http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/07/arts/chantal-akerman-belgian-filmmaker-dies-65.html?_r=0. Retrieved 6 October 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Chantal Akerman at the Internet Movie Database
- Artist's page in Artfacts.Net with actual major exhibitions.
- Screens of Film, Video, Memory, and Smoke by Ana Balona de Oliveira in Fillip