Notable local organizations[change | change source]
- Ellanor C. Lawrence Park – Along Route 28 between Chantilly and Centreville, the park houses athletic fields—including soccer, baseball, and softball fields, trails, and fitness stations. Coyote sightings have been reported within the park.
- Flat Lick Stream Valley Park
- The Steven F. Udvar-Hazy Center annex of the National Air and Space Museum
- The headquarters of the National Reconnaissance Office (NRO). It designs, builds, and operates the spy satellites of the United States government, and provides satellite intelligence to several government agencies, particularly signals intelligence (SIGINT) to the NSA, imagery intelligence (IMINT) to the NGA, and measurement and signature intelligence (MASINT) to the DIA.
- The Westfields Marriott in Chantilly hosted the annual Bilderberg summit in 2002; 2008, 2012, and 2017,[source?] There were protests.
References[change | change source]
- "Naturalist: Coyotes breeding in Fairfax Co. park". WTOP Radio. 21 August 2014. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- "National Reconnaissance Office". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on 26 February 2015. Retrieved 26 February 2015.
- "Intelligence Agencies Must Operate More Like An Enterprise - InformationWeek". 10 January 2013. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "The Evolving Role of the NRO". Federation of American Scientists.
- "Meetings - Bilderberg Meetings". www.bilderbergmeetings.org. Archived from the original on 6 April 2019. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- Devereaux, Ryan (2 June 2012). "Tea Party and Occupy activists rub shoulders at Bilderberg protest". The Guardian. Guardian News and Media Ltd. Retrieved 25 February 2015.