Charlottesville Albemarle Airport
|Charlottesville Albemarle Airport|
|IATA: CHO – ICAO: KCHO – FAA LID: CHO|
|Owner||Charlottesville Albemarle Airport Authority|
|Elevation AMSL||639 ft / 194.8 m|
|Source: Federal Aviation Administration|
Charlottesville Albemarle Airport (IATA: CHO, ICAO: KCHO, FAA LID: CHO) is a public airport 8 miles (12 km) north of Charlottesville, in Albemarle County, Virginia, USA. It has had airline flights since 1955. The airport serves the Charlottesville/Albemarle region and surrounding counties. It has 46 daily non-stop flights to six cities. Four airlines use the airport. The runway will be made 800 feet longer by the end of 2013.
The airport has a 60,000 sq ft (6,000 m2) terminal. There are rental cars, ground transport, and food and gifts from "The Market" Gourmet Deli & Gift Shop. General aviation planes and pilots use the fixed base operator, Landmark Aviation. Landmark Aviation has flight schools and can fix planes or fill them with fuel. Planes can also be rented or chartered. The UVA Hospital's Pegasus service can carry sick people to bigger hospitals.
Airlines and destinations[change | change source]
|American Eagle||Chicago O'Hare|
|Delta Connection operated by Chautauqua Airlines||New York LaGuardia|
|Delta Connection operated by ExpressJet||Atlanta|
|United Express operated by CommutAir||Washington Dulles|
|US Airways Express operated by Air Wisconsin||Charlotte, Philadelphia|
|US Airways Express operated by Piedmont Airlines||Charlotte, Philadelphia|
|US Airways Express operated by PSA Airlines||Charlotte|
Top destinations[change | change source]
|1||Charlotte International Airport||82,000||US Airways Express|
|2||Atlanta International Airport||41,000||Delta Connection|
|3||Dulles International Airport||33,000||United Express|
|4||Philadelphia International Airport||27,000||US Airways Express|
|5||LaGuardia International Airport||17,000||US Airways Express|
|6||O'Hare International Airport||6,000||American Eagle|
Top airlines[change | change source]
|1||US Airways Express||108,000||Charlotte, Philadelphia, New York LaGuardia|
|3||United Express||33,000||Washington Dulles|
|4||American Eagle||6,000||Chicago O'Hare|
Cargo airlines and places they fly to[change | change source]
|DHL operated by Ameriflight||Wilmington, Lynchburg|
References[change | change source]
- Airport Master Record (FAA Form 5010), also available as a printable form (PDF)
- "About CHO". CHO Official Website. Retrieved 24 February 2011.
- Sharon C. Fitzgerald. "Airport runway expansion taking off". Daily Progress. Retrieved 2012-06-26.
- "FAA Shutdown Could Affect CHO Airport Runway Construction - NBC29 WVIR Charlottesville, VA News, Sports and Weather". Nbc29.com. Retrieved 2012-06-26.
- "About Pegasus". Pegasus website. Retrieved 24 February 2011.
- "RITA Stats".
Other websites[change | change source]
- Charlottesville Albemarle Airport, official website
- (PDF), effective 15 December 2011
- FAA Terminal Procedures for CHO, effective 15 December 2011
- Resources for this airport: