Cheryl at the Cannes Film Festival, May 2014
Cheryl Ann Tweedy
30 June 1983
Newcastle upon Tyne, Tyne and Wear, England
|Partner(s)||Liam Payne (2016–2018)|
Cheryl Ann Tweedy (born 30 June 1983) is an English pop singer, dancer and television personality. She was born in Newcastle upon Tyne. She used to be a judge on the television programme The X Factor.
She was married to England footballer Ashley Cole from July 2006 to February 2010 to September 2010. She was married to Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini from July 2014 to October 2016, She was in a relationship with One Direction singer Liam Payne from 2016 to 2018.
Career[change | change source]
Girls Aloud[change | change source]
In 2002, Cole auditioned for music reality show Popstars: The Rivals. She and four other girls, Sarah Harding, Nicola Roberts, Kimberley Walsh, and Nadine Coyle won the competition. They formed a group called Girls Aloud on 30 November 2002, which has since been very successful. They have had 20 top ten singles in the United Kingdom, and have been nominated for four BRIT Awards, winning best single for 'The Promise."
The X Factor[change | change source]
Cole was asked to become a judge on The X Factor in 2008. She won it in her first year with Alexandra Burke. Burke has had a number one single and a number one album in 2009. Cole won it again in 2009, mentoring the eventual winner Joe McElderry.
Solo work[change | change source]
Cole released her first solo single, Fight for This Love, in October 2009 from her solo album "3 Words". It went straight to number one in the charts, becoming the best-selling song of 2009. Her new album 'Messy Little Raindrops' went straight to number one in the album charts, 'Promise This' is a hit single from the album. She has a new song called "Call My Name", which was released on 10 June 2012. Her autobiography was published in 2012.
Assault[change | change source]
In January 2003, Cole punched a toilet attendant in a nightclub in Guildford, Surrey. In October that year, she was convicted of assault occasioning actual bodily harm. She was sentenced to 120 hours of community service.
Personal life[change | change source]
Cole married Chelsea and England football player Ashley Cole in July 2006. In February 2010, they announced their separation after several newspapers claimed he had been unfaithful with other women.
References[change | change source]
- "Tweedy and Cole in wedding ruse". BBC. 15 July 2006. Archived from the original on 30 December 2007. Retrieved 12 November 2008.
- "Cheryl and Ashley Cole granted divorce". BBC News. 3 September 2010. Archived from the original on 3 September 2010. Retrieved 3 September 2010.
- "Cheryl Cole reveals secret marriage". BBC News. 13 July 2014. Archived from the original on 14 July 2014. Retrieved 13 July 2014.
- Johnson, Zach (14 July 2014). "Surprise! Cheryl Cole Marries Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini—See Her Massive Diamond Ring!". E! Online. Archived from the original on 15 July 2014. Retrieved 14 July 2014.
- Moran, Lee (14 July 2014). "Cheryl Cole secretly marries French boyfriend Jean-Bernard Fernandez-Versini after dating for just three months". Daily News. New York. Missing or empty
- "Cheryl and Liam Payne announce split". BBC News. 1 July 2018. Retrieved 1 July 2018.
- "Girls Aloud's 21st Single Is Their First To Miss The U.K. Top 10". Retrieved 24 Februaury 2010. Check date values in:
- "Cheryl Cole's New Song 'Call My Name' To Get First Play On Capital FM". Global Radio UK. 19 April 2012. Retrieved 12 May 2012.
- Singer Tweedy 'sorry' for assault
- "Ashley Cole set for £22m divorce after X Factor queen Cheryl throws out her cheating Chelsea defender husband". the Daily Mail.co.uk. Retrieved 24 February 2010.