|Born||25 April 1917|
|Died||26 December 2000(aged 83)|
His parents were also photographers. He became specialized in portraits. In 1948, he was the first Brazilian photographer to produce an advertisement campaign for J. W. Thompson agency. Until then, advertisement in Brazil used just drawings and illustrations. His work was exhibited worldwide and received awards in Frankfurt, Turim and Buenos Aires.
On 26 December 2000, Chico Albuquerque suffered a stroke and died.
Awards[change | change source]
- 1950 - 1st Place. Golden Medal, Foto Cine Brasileiro – Rio de Janeiro.
- 1951 - 10o. Salão Fotográfico Internacional de São Paulo (São Paulo International Photography Fair) - Bronze Medal.
- 1953 - Frankfurt International - Golden Medal - Portraits.
- 1953 - 6o. Salão Internacional de Fotografias de San Sebastian. Silver Medal - Spain.
- 1958 - Troféu da Escola de Propaganda de São Paulo.
- 1998 - Prêmio Nacional de Fotografia. Funarte – Rio de Janeiro.
Exhibitions[change | change source]
- 2013 - A São Paulo de Chico Albuquerque, Espaço Itaú de Cinema Frei Caneca, São Paulo, SP.
- 2013 - O Estúdio Fotográfico Chico Albuquerque, MIS, São Paulo, SP.