Jump to navigation Jump to search
Newborn baby and mother
|Classification and external resources|
|Synonyms||Labour and delivery, labor and delivery, partus, giving birth, parturition, birth, confinement|
Childbirth, also known as labour and delivery, is the ending of pregnancy where one or more babies leaves the uterus by passing through the vagina or by Caesarean section. In 2015, there were about 135 million births globally.
References[change | change source]
- "confinement - Definition of confinement in English by Oxford Dictionaries". Oxford Dictionaries - English.
- "CONFINEMENT - meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary". dictionary.cambridge.org.
- Martin E (2015). Concise Colour Medical l.p.Dictionary. Oxford University Press. p. 375. ISBN 978-0-19-968799-2. Archived from the original on 2017-09-11.
- "The World Factbook". www.cia.gov. July 11, 2016. Archived from the original on 16 November 2016. Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- "Preterm birth Fact sheet N°363". WHO. November 2015. Archived from the original on 7 March 2015. Retrieved 30 July 2016.
- Buck GM, Platt RW (2011). Reproductive and perinatal epidemiology. Oxford: Oxford University Press. p. 163. ISBN 978-0-19-985774-6. Archived from the original on 2017-09-11.