|Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services|
|Assumed office |
May 27, 2021
|Preceded by||Seema Verma|
|Education||Princeton University (BA)|
Georgetown University (MPP)
Chiquita Brooks-LaSure is an American healthcare policy official and politician. In May 2021, she became the Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services.
Career[change | change source]
She began her career as an examiner and lead Medicaid analyst in the Office of Management and Budget. She also worked as a staffer for Democratic members of the United States House Committee on Ways and Means before joining the Center for Consumer Information and Insurance Oversight. She worked as managing for policy related to the Affordable Care Act.
Medicare and Medicaid Administrator[change | change source]
In February 2021, President Joe Biden nominated Brooks-LaSure to serve as Administrator for the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services under his administration. On May 25, 2021, her nomination was confirmed, by the Senate in a vote of 55–44.
References[change | change source]
- "Democrats' Health Care Ambitions Meet The Reality Of Divided Government". NPR.org. Retrieved 2021-02-22.
- "Getting to Know Chiquita Brooks-LaSure, Reported Administrator-designate of the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services". JD Supra. Retrieved 2021-02-22.
- Diamond, Dan; Goldstein, Amy. "Biden picks another Obama veteran to oversee Medicare, Medicaid". Washington Post. ISSN 0190-8286. Retrieved 2021-02-22.
- "Biden Taps Chiquita Brooks-LaSure for CMS Administrator". www.meritalk.com. Retrieved 2021-02-22.
- "On the Nomination (Confirmation: Chiquita Brooks-LaSure, of Virginia, to be Administrator of the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services)". www.senate.gov. May 25, 2021. Retrieved May 25, 2021.