Benítez playing for Club América in 2012
|Full name||Christian Rogelio Benítez Betancourt|
|Date of birth||May 1, 1986|
|Place of birth||Quito, Ecuador|
|Date of death||July 29, 2013(aged 27)|
|Place of death||Doha, Qatar|
|Height||1.68 m (5 ft 6 in)|
|2009–2010||→ Birmingham City (loan)||30||(3)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only|
Christian Rogelio Benítez Betancourt (May 1, 1986 – July 29, 2013), also known as Chucho, was an Ecuadorian footballer who played as a forward for El Jaish of the Qatar Stars League at the time of his death.
On July 29, 2013, Benítez entered a hospital in Doha, Qatar because of a "strong pain" in his abdomen. He later went into respiratory failure. He died from complications leading to cardiac arrest at the age of 27.
References[change | change source]
- "Christian Benítez". mediotiempo.com. Retrieved May 20, 2013.
- "Paralelo 23". Ordorica, Ana Paula. Paralelo 23. Televisa. FOROtv, Mexico City. 11:30-[[13:00 (CST)]].
- "Christian Benitez: Former Birmingham striker dies aged 27". BBC Sport. July 29, 2013. Retrieved July 29, 2013.
- "Christian Benítez falleció en Qatar". El Comercio (in Spanish). July 29, 2013. Retrieved July 29, 2013.
Other websites[change | change source]
Media related to Christian Benítez at Wikimedia Commons
- Transfermarkt profile
- Player details Archived 2011-08-19 at the Wayback Machine at Ecuadorian Football Federation (in Spanish)
- Christian Benítez at Soccerbase
- ESPN Profile
- Profile at Birmingham City F.C. website