Christopher Gregory Weeramantry, AM (November 17, 1926 – January 5, 2017) was a Sri Lankan lawyer. He was a Judge of the International Court of Justice (ICJ) from 1991 to 2000. He was the ICJ's Vice-President from 1997 to 2000.
Weeramantry was a Judge of the Supreme Court of Sri Lanka from 1967 to 1972. He was also an Emeritus Professor at Monash University and the President of the International Association of Lawyers against Nuclear Arms.
References[change | change source]
- "Curriculum Vitae". Weeramantry International Centre For Peace Education and Research. Archived from the original on 27 July 2007. Retrieved 10 March 2007.
- "Justice C. G. Weeramantry No More". Sri Lankan Guardian. January 5, 2017. Archived from the original on January 6, 2017. Retrieved January 6, 2017.
Other websites[change | change source]
- A Great Son of Lanka" Archived 2008-01-10 at the Wayback Machine S. Pathiravitana (2007), Sri Lanka Daily News. Accessed 2007-11-08
- International Association of Lawyers Against Nuclear Arms
- German Association of Lawyers Against Nuclear Arms
- Christopher Weeramantry-The 2007 Right Livelihood Award Recipients Archived 2007-10-10 at the Wayback Machine