Subimal Goswami (15 January 1938 – 30 April 2020), commonly known by his nickname Chuni Goswami, was an Indian international footballer and first class cricketer. He was born in Kishoreganj District , Bangladesh. He played 30 international matches representing India and scored 9 times for the team. He played Ranji Trophy for Bengal, captaining his team to the final of the tournament in 1971–72.
References[change | change source]
- Former Bengal captain Chuni Goswami dies aged 82 ESPNcricinfo
- "Chuni Goswami Profile - Indian Football Player Subimal Chuni Goswami Biography - Information on Chuni Goswami Indian Footballer". www.iloveindia.com.
- "Chuni Goswami: The skillful genius of Indian football". The Times of India. 30 April 2020. Retrieved 30 April 2020.
- Sportstar, Team. "India's football legend Chuni Goswami passes away". Sportstar. Retrieved 2020-04-30.
- সংবাদদাতা, নিজস্ব. "হৃদরোগে আক্রান্ত হয়ে প্রয়াত চুনী গোস্বামী". Anandabazar Patrika (in Bengali). Retrieved 2020-04-30.