Church of Sweden Youth
Svenska kyrkans unga
|Formation||1 January 1993|
|Type||Christian youth organization|
|Headquarters||Sysslomansgatan 8, Uppsala, Sweden|
|Methods||children and youth activities|
The Church of Sweden Youth (Swedish: Svenska kyrkans unga) is the children's and youth group of the Church of Sweden. It was created on 1 January 1993. The Church of Sweden Youth was created after several christian youth groups had come together to form it.
In 2013 there were 13,000 members of various ages.
The come-together of the former youth groups was proposed in 1964.
Chairpersons[change | change source]
Following people have been chairpersons.
- 1993-1994 - Gunilla Casserstedt Lundgren
- 1994-1997 - Helena Karlsson
- 1997-2001 - David Sundén
- 2001-2005 - Erik Persson
- 2005-2009 - Maria Wingård
- 2009-2013 - Johan Berkman
- 2013 - Amanda Carlshamre
References[change | change source]
- ↑ 1.0 1.1 Therese Gustafsson. "About Church of Sweden Youth". Church of Sweden Youth. Archived from the original on 10 January 2015. Retrieved 10 January 2015.
- ↑ 2.0 2.1 "Historia" (in Swedish). Church of Sweden Youth. Archived from the original on 10 January 2015. Retrieved 10 January 2015.
Other websites[change | change source]
- Official website (in Swedish)