|United States Ambassador to the United Nations Agencies for Food and Agriculture|
|Assumed office |
November 5, 2021
|Preceded by||Kip E. Tom|
Cindy Lou Hensley
May 20, 1954
Phoenix, Arizona, U.S.
(m. 1980; his death 2018)
John Sidney "Jack" McCain IV
Marguerite "Smitty" Hensley
|Education||B.A. in Education|
M.A. in Special Education
|Alma mater||University of Southern California|
|Occupation||Chair, Hensley & Co.|
|Known for||Wife of U.S. Senator and presidential candidate John McCain|
Cindy Lou Hensley McCain (born May 20, 1954) is an American businesswoman and politician. McCain is the U.S. Ambassador to the United Nations Agencies for Food and Agriculture since 2021. She was the wife of Republican Senator John McCain. During the Donald Trump presidency, she became a critic of the president and the Republican Party.
In late November 2020, McCain was seen as a possible pick for an ambassador role in the Biden administration. In May 2021, it was reported that President Biden would nominate McCain to be the United States Ambassador to the United Nations Agencies for Food and Agriculture. McCain was confirmed by the Senate by voice vote on October 26, 2021.
References[change | change source]
- "Bio of Cindy Hensley McCain". Chicago Tribune. 2008-04-15. Retrieved 2008-04-22.[permanent dead link]
- Bob Dart (2008-03-09). "As candidate's wife, Cindy McCain finds herself in spotlight". Austin American-Statesman. Archived from the original on March 12, 2008. Retrieved 2008-03-26.
- Bradner, Eric; Mucha, Sarah (September 22, 2020). "Cindy McCain endorses Joe Biden". CNN.
- Italiano, Laura (28 November 2020). "Cindy McCain eyed by Biden for US ambassador to the UK: report". nypost.com. Retrieved 28 November 2020.
- "Biden poised to announce first slate of ambassador nominees as he eyes first trip abroad". CNN. June 7, 2021.
- "Joe Biden plans to nominate Burns, Garcetti for ambassadorships - NYT". Reuters. May 27, 2021.
- Kelly, Laura (26 October 2021). "Senate confirms four Biden ambassadors after delay". The Hill. Retrieved 26 October 2021.